LSU Potential Class of 2014

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jun 29, 2013.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I know Speedy is an incredible athlete but I think he will have to Redshirt as he isn't polished at all as a receiver. I do hope we get him though as he is a game changer with the ball in his hands.

Glad Willis didn't get into a fight after the game.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Dad, how about a report on the Acadiana/Parkway game? How did Harris look, of course, but how does a team good enough to get to the championship game give up 77 points?

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Harris knows how Mett felt last year, too many dropped passes. No Defense, when the other teams offense sets a new record, that tells you. Harris is a major player, too much to work with, wont take CCC long to hone his skills. He will be the future, has something you can't coach, a major arm, good speed and size. Throws a tight ball, good release, like I said too many pluses.

tigerchick46 and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

That's not really accurate. He's no less polished than most high school receivers. All of them come to the next level needing coaching on proper route running and blocking and most other nuances that make a great receiver. Some of them have to be put on the field because they're great with the ball in their hands and you teach them everything else as they go. In his case, he's been asked to do much more than just be a receiver. He's probably taken as many snaps this year as a RB and wildcat QB than he has at WR. A lot of times they're not really polished because they don't have a QB that can challenge them in that way and that's kind of the case with him as well.

At the camps Speedy has attended, my buddy on the St. Aug staff who coaches/teaches receivers at all the big camps basically says the kid is an animal and there is rarely a DB that can contain him even at his short stature. He looks a lot better as a pure WR at camps with guys like Brandon Harris and Kyle Allen throwing him passes...and with big time DBs challenging him rather than guys who don't stand a chance against him.

I seriously doubt he redshirts because he's so explosive. But like any other freshman he will be a work in progress.

5. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

That was kind of the case all year for Parkway. They played my old high school Bastrop this year...who were not very good at all, and while they put up 70 on Bastrop, they also gave up 50+ points to an offense that was very inconsistent. When one of the top seeds in 5A gives up over 50 to the 29 seed in 4A, that tells you that defense stinks.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. cajdav1

I do hope you are right, but watching him in a couple of games at WR it just didn't look like he did much but use his speed to try and get open. I was impressed with his ruining ability though. You can see his talent.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm hoping we've found our Percy Harvin. He was lethal for Florida and I've always wanted a guy like that. Maybe Speedy is that guy.

cajdav1 likes this.
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Updated the 24/7 Composite Rankings.

If LSU were to get all 10 of their high profile targets, we would end up with the following ranked players:

NR

Potentially 20 of the 25 could be in the top 250, 21 would be 4 star or higher. Battle still has a shot at a 4th star (has already gotten it from rivals)

Seven 5 star recruits plus two more that are just outside the 5 star range. 9 of the top 42, that's a crazy number.

LSU would easily be the top ranked recruiting team in 2014 and arguably the greatest recruiting class ever (on paper, of course).

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  9. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Bhelm....where you at big dog???? Help me out here........ a little birdie told me Hilliard is going to be coming back next year. What are you hearing?

10. cajdav1

A guy on TD posted that Hilliard was at his apartment and told him that Miles convinced him to come back and enroll in graduate school.

LSUDad likes this.