LSU projected ranking when you wake up tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 13, 2018.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

They don't count.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, I think this is a good list of the way it will shake out. LSU back to 5 would be nice. Now, the FU loss didn’t hurt. Back to the same spot in 1 week is amazing. Tbh, I never felt like they were truly a top 5 team before FU, top 10 yes, but not 5, was thankful for it, but now, I think we truly belong there! Getting confidence and momentum at this point in the season is a great thing! What a win yesterday!

TheRealist, Bengal B and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Get UCF the hell out of there. Until these teams have to navigate what power 5 teams have to, bye bye. I’m not being disrespectful I’m just calling it like it is. Going undefeated is commendable, but thumping group of 5 teams week in and week out just means you’re the best group of 5 team. I’m not even impressed with Notre Dames schedule or wins and Clemson hasn’t won me over either. UCF? Smeh

Bengal B likes this.
  4. ParadiseiNC

Power 5? It’s Power 6 now! Haven’t you been brainwashed by the commercials yet?? Lol! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That’s what their conference is trying to market.

Bengal B, LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I have a soft spot for G5 teams, but I mostly agree. I say give em a seat at the table in an 8 team playoff, but they don’t really belong in a 4 team playoff.

6. ParadiseiNC

100% agree

7. didit

didit Veteran Member

The fighting Irish are going to waste a spot... It makes me angry...

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

G5 teams wouldn't deserve to be part of an 8 team playoff unless they were truly kne of the 8 best teams. Most years they would not be. How would you feel if a 12-0 UCF or Boise State got into the playoffs over a 10-2 LSU team?

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

As much as I hate Notre Dame you have to admit they do schedule good teams. It's just that the schedules are made years in advance and there was no way if knowing that Michigan, Florida State and USC would all be having down years. I would change my tune if the Irish got in over a non conference championship 11-1 LSU that didn't get the Bama bump.

10. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

Never for an 8 team play off.

But for a 16 team playoff I would be okay with that.

Say you win your conference and finish in the top 25 you get an automatic bid. Then the rest a of the 16 teams are filled out by order of rank.

This would allow for the occasional Cinderella. And all conferences will have a shot at a slot in the playoffs might be a small shot but still a shot.

I know the the independent teams will cry about that saying it's not fair. if you want to chance for an automatic bid join conference and win it.

Or just send prayers that you are ranked in a position where you'll get selected.