LSU Pulls the post-touchdown song...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

Well, it finally happened. LSU pulled the post-touchdown "oh-we-oh" song (at least for the time being). Said it will last until the students can prove they can behave themselves and that the Florida game is a "good test". It may or may not be back later in the season.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7128152

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Are you talking about the music the band plays when everyone spells out "T-I-G-E-R-S"?

3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

un.. fricken... believable... way to go people.

4. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

I just saw it on the 6 o'clock news. Looks like they won't be replacing it soon if you go by the attitude of the students they spoke to. The students they spoke to believe it to be a joke ya know no big deal that we spew such filth out of our mouths its your problem not mine mentality. Since the alarming trend of this generation is to destroy and not enhance tradition be prepared for the song to be removed. Naturally it will not be their fault, the rules and the rest of us civilized folk are the problem. When you do not believe that you have to earn something than you have no respect for it. Just because you are a student now does not mean that it is your right to denegrade and insult others. Now let me get off my soapbox. Thanks for letting me vent.:geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm confused as to which song this is. can't find "touchdown ditty" as referenced in the article, anywhere.

6. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Its the Wizard of Oz "ohh weeee ohhh" song they play normally between the extra point the ensuing kickoff.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

:po: :po: :po: :po: :po:

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

This is the song:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zdE97DJ_RU[/MEDIA]

9. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

Way to go guys! Clean it up!
    :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po:

[​IMG]

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

That is a pity. I love that cheer, but kids have to learn there are parameters in life. Sooner or later, we all figure that out. Hope it gets their attention and we can go back to intimidating opposing teams with our perpetual noise level and not disgusting them with our crudeness. I never feel more satisfied than having lost my voice the day after a victory in Tiger Stadium.

Something for our students and still quite a few regular fans to consider. As our football team has evolved into a top flight program, it may be time for our fan base to do the same. I don't want the ho-hum, martini crowd of some unnamed program out west, but we can certainly do better than last Saturday. You would think we could find some balance between the two.