LSU Pulls the post-touchdown song...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Sep 25, 2007.

1. J from Iowa

J from Iowa Founding Member

If the school is going to pull songs for the student section making double entendres with the opposing teams mascot, then they sure has hell better stop letting the book store sell T-shirts with the same freakin' double entendre on them. Also, maybe they should tell all the USC fans to make sure they wear shirts that say "Game Cocks" on them rather than "COCKS" in huge print. I saw several female USC fans over the weekend with shirts that said in big letters "I LOVE COCKS" on the front with black and red coloring. I noticed that they were not barred from enterence into the stadium and no one seemed to be up in arms about it. Nice double standard.

The F-you spurrier stuff was way out of bounds and I would never condone it, but this is ridiculous to say the least. Any student with 30 seconds of though can make any cheer they want to into a vulgarity. 10,000 of them can do it in half that time. This isn't stopping anything. It had never happened before and the only reason it happened last week was that USC was playing. If it was any other team it would not have occured. There is no reason whatsoever to think that it would occur at the Florida game. This is a classic example of shutting the gate after everything has already gotten out of the pen. Classic LSU kneejerk reaction to a very minor and one time situation.

1 person likes this.
  2. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

its the song after the one that T-I-G-E-R-S is spelled out. When they go to commercial break between the field goal and the ensuing kickoff. The crowd rocks back and fourth to the tune. The vocals are
    OOOOOHHHHHHH HHHHOOOOOO OOOOOOHHHHH WEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOHHHHHH.YOU SUCK!

OOOOOHHHHHHH HHHHOOOOO OOOOOOOHHHHH WWWEEEEEEE OOOOHHHHHH YOU SUCK!

Well cocks was just added to the end of it.

Oh and i dont think things are going to get much better. This is just causing students to revolt. Check out this Facebook Group.
    You Can't Censor the LSU Student Section!

Yeah, so what if we scream "Kick their a$$!" at the end of 1st down?

Or if we chant "Bullchit" when a ref calls a ****ty play.

Or even if we scream "You suck!" after every touchdown, especially saying "You suck, Cocks!" when we play South Carolina.

It doesn't matter what anybody says about us, because we know we are feared.

So go ahead CBS, try to put a 10 second delay on your broadcast, we will find a way to get our point across, and do you know why? Because we are rude, crude, and obnoxious... we are the LSU Tiger Student Section!!!!

Also: F**k you, Spurrier.

LINK> http://lsu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5063981697

:dis: :dis: :dis:

3. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

This might make it easier for LSU...All they have to do is watch the idiots posting there and then research if they have tickets. If they do pull their tickets for the FLA and Auburn games.

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

:lol:
    Go ahead and try to tell a future employer something like that. You'll fear where you get your next meal. Or, you can just take home the leftovers after you finish your next shift at McDee's. :lol:

1 person likes this.
  5. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Gradin, could you send me a PM of the song also. I am also curious.

6. soupertiger

Yeah it's comments like above that truly show the immaturity of most of the student section. They sound like a bunch of 3 year olds throwing a temper tantrum. :lol:

7. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I assume you were referring to the post I commented on, right?

8. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

Once again, this isn't about censorship. LSU would probably lose any claim that comes from someone being thrown out of a game for profanity, since it is a public university and the game is a public event. Free speech rules under those circumstances are not limitless (you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater), but they are very broad.

The issue is whether the university and the band want to be tarred by opposing fans as encouraging the cheers. That was the situation back in '87 when we had to stop playing all the way through Tiger Rag after the kicks. As far as I know, 13 years passed between when that happened and Tiger Rag was added to pre-game, and yet the same cheer came right back.

The students have put the Band in a no-win situation: if the band says nothing, the students will think everything is fine and continue to be profane. If the band complains, the students will cry "censorship" and try to claim they are the grieved party. The band just wants to play the songs and represent LSU in the best possible light, but the selfishness of the students is the trump card.

Even if this blows over and the drum cadence is restored, you know that it will happen again the next time South Carolina comes to play. And I bet the student that starts it will think he is clever for thinking it up.

I agree that the university shouldn't sell the shirts either, but Tiger Band isn't the organization selling them.

Oh well, another tradition down the drain.

GEAUX TIGERS
    LSU TUBA 85-89

9. soupertiger

Yeah for some reason it didn't quote it.

10. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Trying to censor a bunch of drunk college students? Good luck. If anything, they will be worse at the next game.