LSU purple and gold extremes

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sammyann03, Sep 7, 2003.

1. sammyann03

sammyann03 Freshman

Do you have anything totally decked out in purple and gold or a shrine to LSU? I am a student at LSU and I am doing a TV story in the next couple weeks for the LSU campus channel TigerTV about fans and students who have gone to extremes to show their Tiger spirit and why they do it. If you want LSU students to know how deep your pride runs and would be willing to talk with me and allow me to film an interview and the ways you show your spirit, let me know.

Thanks
    :lsug:

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I used to know a guy years ago who called himself Big Goober. He had a whole room full of LSU pictures, Tigers and anything Tiger you could ever think of. He was one of the guys who held the chains at LSU home games and I think he might have gotten the chains to stretch an extra link a time or two to help get a crucial first down. This was during the Cholly Mac era. I'm pretty sure that Big Goober has passed away a few years ago but I'm sure he is looking down on Tiger Stadium on Saturday nights and just maybe he helps give a little tug on the chains from time to time.

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I don't know his name, but I have seen a guy with Death Valley tatooed on his back - I mean completely covering his back.

4. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

You may want to contact Dr. Jack Ardoinne (sp?). He's on the BoS for LSU. He is said to have one of the most elaborate (and expensive) LSU memorabelia collections around. I saw a short TV piece on his collection years ago and it was IMPRESSIVE - moving walls hiding "valuable" assets, and the like.

5. Bayou Beast

Bayou Beast Freshman

I've got an LSU truck

Here's the pic. We tailgate on South Stadium. Let me know what you think.