LSU QB Brandon Harris is '100 times better'

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, May 31, 2014.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Kid was an incredible QB in High School and now he is 100 times better than that?

Ok, he'll apparently make us forget all about Johnny Fooseball real fast.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Is it wrong of me to pass on the kool aid for now?

red55, Kal-El012 and shane0911 like this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ryan Perrilloux is going to take over the starting job from Jamarcus Russell I heard.

4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I can't fricking wait.

shane0911 and LSUDad like this.
  5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Well shit, man. Why even bother then?

And since when are we thin at RB? We return the SEC's leader in yds/attempt, a senior who has shown that he can get it done, and are bringing in an absolute phenom who will make an immediate impact, as well as another top-flight talent at that position.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I don't recall ever hearing that from anyone other than RP.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

What other QB's? Clise, Bergeron, Kragthorpe? Since Miles ran off Rivers and Rettig because they couldn't "Run fast enough", we have no QB depth and are one major QB injury away from disaster at that position. The thought of an unproven sophmore and true freshman DTQB in the SEC doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

A little late to the party ain't we? Go back and read some of my posts.

Go back and read what I posted about the defensive side of the ball. In another post, I guess the other plus 30 QB's that left teams this year were ran off by their head coaches.

Having watched bama's Spring Game, they are waiting for a Fla St transfer to help them at the position, an what's behind him is very slim.

Too many teams are replacing QB's this year, an none have a Cam making the calls. When a team makes 57% of third down conversions, the right plays are being called at the right time. Ask any coach in the profession. That doesn't happen by taking guesses.

We have two of the best coordinators in the business, go back an look, all to often the backup QB rarely sees the field. I see both playing this year, how much, I'll let Cam make that call.

Wonder why Miles didnt run off Mett, everyone knows he couldn't outrun me.

Look at these names, McCarron, Murray, Manziel, Russell, James Franklin and Connor Shaw. These are some of the SEC QB's from last year, that have moved on. Many of the SEC teams are replacing QB's this year, that's a big turnover.

Most coaches know when a player is thinking about moving on, this just didn't start last week. There has been talk. I remember on OC I was talking with one time, his starting QB was thinking about leaving cause he was in a Band. My friend said, "An the guy has a really good band!" The player did quit football, I wonder how his band is doing? That will be a question I'll have to ask next time I talk with that coach.

Sorry for the long post, sometimes I don't know when to shut up.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  9. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

We really appreciate the insight.

And I agree. We have some of the better coordinators in college. I'm interested to see how Cam and the offense perform this season with new QB's, WR and starting RB.

I have some concerns about the defense, but Chief has done such a good job (and we've recruited well) that I'm sure we'll field another strong defense in 2014.

Veteran QB's usually mean better results. And that's one of the reasons Miss St is projected by many to have a strong season this yr.

I could see Auburn winning the West again. Between us, A&M and Bama all having new QB's, they'll have a jump on the rest of us.

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Moo St, the last time we lost to them?

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.c...-bulldogs-cream-tigers-55-31-in-1980-starting

As for the barn, the offense of gus avg. less than 17 ppg against Chief.........maybe Chief knows something everyone else doesn't?

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/15/5709380/lsu-defense-john-chavis-spread-offenses

How many thought t&m would run all over an score a ton of points against LSU this past year? Cam could have scored 50 on barn this past year, easy. You could see him take his foot off the gas.

plotalot likes this.