LSU Rank #13 ESPN Poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gotlsu, May 19, 2006.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Generally, I try to avoid talkin' the Hawks on here, unless asked by one of the members.... so I've already "over bounded my step", as my g'baby would say...

So, quickly, Miles and Humpal had good rotations last year and will fill in quite well. Both guys have great speed and an eye for the ball. We'll be fine.

To LSU fans, we now return you to your regular programming!!:shock:

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I'd much rather read your opinions on Iowa than a lot of the meaningless jibberish posted by a good number of LSU "fans" on this board...

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

No one mentioned it yet... but just HOW good is John David Booty? Judging by the other two Bootys, I'd say not very--but that wouldn't be fair. Abram was an awesome receiver who really didn't accomplish what he should have. Of course Josh played some pro ball before taking his stint at LSU, but he still didn't accomplish what he should have--regardless of his position on the first team SEC list. I don't think it's quite fair to call them under-achievers, but this post is about JDB not AB or JB... what's the scoop on him? I don't pay attention to Evangel football...

4. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

The Seminoles in the top five is one of the dumbest things this board has ever seen. They lost practically every single impact defensive players they had last year. Consider that they were a defensive team last year and you got the potential to see FSU drop completely off the football map.

Their ONLY hope is to see their backup QB flourish.

As for us...with Alley at full strength, we're a very, very dangerous team who I don't see many coaches wanting to play on Saturday. It'll in all probability be us and Florida in the Georgia Dome with us winning 8485 to 1.

And oh...I think the clearcut number one this year is OSU. They're not as dominant as past clearcut number ones, but relative to it's competition, I think OSU is head and shoulders this pre-season better than the rest of the country.

The problem with Oklahoma is how they got to 8 wins last season. I could be completely wrong, but I don't recall them in any big game last year where they left with a victory. In other words, I think they had all cupcake wins. The Big 12 didn't exactly have top 25s everywhere.

5. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Georgia has the benefit of a favorable SEC West schedule.

Ole Miss
    Miss State
    Auburn

Meanwhile, Florida has to play:

LSU
    Alabama
    Auburn

Tennessee is going to be better, but they have to come into Athens.

If Georgia gets past South Carolina, I see a 10-2 or better season and another trip to Atlanta.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Isn't this the truth, this time of year is really a tough stretch with no football.
    I seem to really hit the football blues this time of the year, May & June.
    I do think once again the SEC is underestimated and will prove it.
    Hopefully we will have no Hurricanes to play through unless its that football team.

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

As recently as two weeks ago, I would have thought that a poll that did not have LSU in the top 10 was a joke.

Start preparing yourselves, Tiger fans, for a possible preseason, non top 10 ranking.

Ivan Maisel has LSU 13th? Athlon at 11? Lindy's (http://lindyssports.com/content.php?id=182) barely in at #10?

Wow, just...wow. :shock:

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Florida St was preseason top 10 last year I believe. The media likes teams with a history of success and that clouds their judgement about the future success. I think they will likely have their ups & downs, beat a team they aren't supposed to, lose to a team or 2 or 3 they shouldn't. It is possible, and would be very interesting to watch, they won't even be in the top 25 at the end of the season - but I wouldn't predict it.

Which probabilities are you referring to? Recent probabilities tell us Auburn will most likely win the West due to their schedule & having tough games at home. Of course LSU can overcome these (as we almost did in 04). I hope we do, and think we can. We'll have to wait :angryfire , and see.

Did you watch the draft? OSU will be a good offense, but their defense is bound to suffer. I wouldn't be suprised to see OSU finish second (or tie since they don't have a champ. game) in the Big 10.

The beauty of playing in a cupcake conference. So what does that mean? We can expect 8 cupcake wins again next year, plus they won't lose to bad teams as they did last year. They play 2 tough games - Oregon & UT. I expect them to split them. They could very possibly be a one loss team.

Also, the reason so many people are high on OU is because they came together late in the season, and don't forget that they beat Oregon in their bowl game.

9. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Only part of the SEC is underestimated.

Meanwhile, the Gators are in the top 15 again for no real reason other than the Urban Meyer infatuation.

10. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I'm not so surprised at the 13th ranking of LSU but I'm more surprised at the OU at #2:lol:

I think LSU should be at least in the Top 10. The OU ranking is hillarious. It is possible they could win the Big 12 but they won't be playing for a NC. Bomar is hit or miss and they need QB consistency to have a chance.

LSU has some losses to deal with but our talent at these positions should make the transition OK. We won't go undefeated but probably a 2 loss season. However, it could be a 1 loss season depending on how the DL and OL plays and how the QB plays.