LSU Rank #13 ESPN Poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gotlsu, May 19, 2006.

1. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

the thing about LSU is that people dont realize how deep we are. u cant really expect them to. i think the only way to judge a team preseason is by being a fan of the team who follows tons of its players. i dont know how deep OSU is on defense, what their spring camps have been like or any of that. i do know that theyre replacing tons of players on defense and will lose their "possession" receiver in santonio holmes and that i doubt that ted ginn can constantly move the chains if he doesnt have somebody splitting the coverage on the other side

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Here we go again with the....:cry: "the media doesn't respect us and they ranked us way too low crap":cry:

Take the shades off and let's see how the season plays out, they just might turn out to be right and they might turn out to be wrong. Who can really say at this point?

3. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

Peterson is the best runningback in the country so oklahoma is for real, but iowa, california, and CLEMSON in front of us is just funny.

4. lsufan112001

lsufan112001 Founding Member

If I'm not mistaken, didn't we start off #13 in the 2003 Champ. year?

5. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

is this the real espn/usa today coaches poll?

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

nope

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I'm willing to bet you don't really follow college football too closely.

8. youcandoit1687

all three of those teams have big time RBs in marshawn lynch, albert young, and james davis. i think we have an equally talented attack in JV, AB, hester, etc. and maybe even keiland williams/charles scott/richard murphy. if that is your argument, just having a RB, then u are wrong. look at memphis or minnesota last year

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Huh?:confused:

10. youcandoit1687

lol sorry, i meant that our RBs arent as recognized and proven as those guys. we all know that we have alley broussard but the media forgets about him and if they dont, they forget how well he played at full go. the three teams i was talking about all have that big RB that is a media darling and was big last year(or year before in peterson's case). IMo, thats why they are that high up