LSU ranked #7 in AP Poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TennesseeTiger, Sep 21, 2003.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Arkansas in the top-10?

2. sporteaux

sporteaux Founding Member

Don't get me wrong, Arkansas looks like they have a good team, but you typically have to pay your dues! They were not even ranked two weeks ago. Then they beat Texas (an overrated texas time at that) and North Texas and are in the top 10!

Talk about a short ride up!!!!!!!

3. sporteaux

sporteaux Founding Member

And Oregon too. They jumped from 22 to 10 in one week. That would take us at least 4 weeks no matter who we beat along the way!!!

4. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Thats why you ignore the AP poll, it never makes sense.

5. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

I would like to be able to say that we could take them out of the top ten next Saturday, but it's not lookin too good. I'm afraid Bama's gonna have a bad year. They played horrible last night. I don't know, maybe they'll regroup before Saturday. Stranger things have happened. LSU will have to take them out, assuming that they are on yall's schedule this year. (I haven't checked)

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I fully expect Bama to put it to the pigs. I went over to one of the Bama boards expecting a meltdown and was surprised at their "lets wait and see" attitude. Dixie, get ready for some trailer-smack talk from the arkys this week. Man they are crude.

7. kjntiger

kjntiger Founding Member

My neighbor is a marine from arkansas. When i find my shovel I'll fix that problem.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

You're right...I don't give two sh*ts about the AP poll--Coaches poll is what I really look at. What better poll to judge yourself in than one composed from your peers???

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

LSU plays Arkansas every year--last game of the season for "The Battle for the Golden Boot" (trophy in the form of the states that resembles a boot). That, and Arkansas is in our division, so we'd have to play them every year anyways.

Don't be too harsh on 'Bama after yesterdays game. Northern Illinois is well-coached and have some really good players. Look, they beat Maryland in the first week of the season--and Maryland was top 15 at the time. So, they're no "slouch" team.

Bounce back and beat the little piggies from Fayettville will ya?!

10. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I couldn't help but think the same thing. I didnt understand how Saban could abandon the rushing Greene attack and let him sit back there. I say LSU continues its usual D which seemed to work.