LSU recruit Bryant dismissed from HS team

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by red55, Jun 1, 2006.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

http://www.thenewsstar.com/news/blogs/blog4/2006/05/lsu-recruit-leaves-j-hodge.html

LSU recruit leaves J-Hodge

Wide receiver Gabriel Bryant, a LSU commitment, is no longer a part of the football program at Jonesboro-Hodge.

Jonesboro-Hodge coach Joey Pender chose not to specify why Bryant was no longer with the Tigers other than to say Bryant had a conflict with team rules. Pender didn't know where Bryant planned to go to school in the fall but said there was no chance that he would play for Jonesboro-Hodge.

"I wish him the best of luck," Pender said.

The Tigers had planned to play Bryant (6-2, 190) at quarterback and wide receiver, the position he projects to in college.

Should Bryant enroll somewhere other than Jonesboro-Hodge for the fall, it would be his fourth school in the last year and a half. The starting QB for Jonesboro-Hodge as a sophomore, Bryant transferred to Bastrop for his junior year but never played a game before transferring again to Crockett, Ark. He played wide receiver all season for Crockett, finishing with 54 catches for 1,154 yards and eight touchdowns.

Following the football season, Bryant transferred back to Jonesboro-Hodge and played basketball for the Tigers.

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

he got kicked off for cursing pendor for making him play qb. hopefully he will get his head on straight and get on some other team and earn his scholly back.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

So what is the status of his scholarship offer? Officially pulled?

4. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

well it depends if he plays this year and if he does how he acts and what kind of grades he makes. its an offer still but with strict stipulations. I think he will get his act together and end up in p$G. atleast i really hope he does.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Why did he change schools so often before this incident? Was it more of the same?

6. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

no he went to jhodge freshman and sophmore year. then to crosset last year. dunno why he went to crosset. and then was going to goto jhodge again this year.

he still has his offer no matter what, is what I have been told. I was told that les loves this kid and wants him here. But he is also worried about pissing off pender. Im pretty sure bryant will be wearing purple and gold no matter what next year.