LSU recruiting map.. interesting..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jun 2, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

but the maps of the other teams would be diff, b/c nearly every good team would come in and steal at least 1 player LSU could have needed

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Well jeeezus... all I meant was that EVERYONE knew that was where LSU recruited from... I guess it wasn't as widely known as I thought that we recruit most of our players from Louisiana and the Houston-area... I didn't mean it in an offensive way, I was just wondering if it was new news in any way... like a major publication's story or something...

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

but you dont know if the "stolen" player is good or not. i guess you can assume they are if youre talking about a top program, but not all programs, especially one's bordering La.

yes, there should be a correlation between how good LSU is and how few players other top programs get from La.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

a map the reverse of this would be more interesting. showing where La. recruits go. compare different years (or coaches).

5. clair

clair Rockets

the majority of the players who leave for SEC schools are good...

why would a school dip into louisiana for a 2 star when they can get one in their own state?

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

this is why i'm not going to bother posting here anymore... no matter what you post, there is criticism... why not just take it for what its worth and say "ok, neat map" or just not say anything at all

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I found it interesting. Thanks for posting it.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Georgia appears to be the most provincial; more than any other team, it looks like they get most of their players right in their backyard. Vanderbilt looks the most diverse, but they don't really count, because its a different kind of recruiting there. Of the rest, Tennessee might have lowest concentration of players from its own area. The strangest one has got to be Mississippi State. They get most of their players from Georgia. So does Auburn, but there's much more of a regional interest for them than with Moo U. Interesting maps, thanks for the links.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Several comments:

1. Vanderbilt is the most interesting. They get players from all over and don't really have a core area.

2. A lot of second-tier schools are getting out-of-state players from the Atlanta area, I wonder why?

3. Ole miss gets a lot of Louisiana players, but apparently not the blue chippers.

4. Florida has a core area but still get players from all over the east.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't let one doofus upset you, loco. There is just no point in getting angry and upset at a character on an anonymous forum.