LSU scalpers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by meauxjeaux2, Sep 23, 2007.

1. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

Yesterday I got called a racist because I didn't want to sell my tickets to a scalper,when I turned around and sold them to a fan.I told the guy that I didn't want to make a profit off my tickets and I didn't want him to either.He told me he wasn't gonna make any money off the ticket,so I asked him why he didn't go on southerns campus to "trade tickets back and forth",that's when the racist blast came out.I just told him I made the right decision not to sell him my ticket and his response just verified my decision.Why don't LSU do anything about these scalpers?

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Need Tickets, got any tickets!?

... while holding a few in his hand.

3. meauxjeaux2

Yeah,those are the ones who would be hard to find?

4. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

you probably could have gotten the same point across if you had mentioned Tulane or Nichols.....but I see your point

5. meauxjeaux2

It would have been farther for him to pedal to tulane or nichols.

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I have no words to express what I am thinking right now........except WOW! :hihi:

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

i love scalpers, they have gotten me in to sold-out events many a time. i appreciate them and would hate to see them go.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I just want to know how some of these scalpers get their hands on so many tickets? :confused:

For the VT game, there was this guy holding what looked like AT LEAST 30tickets....and from the way he was dressed, I HIGHLY doubt that HE bought and paid for ALL of them. :dis:

When I b*tch to the LSU ticket office reguarding scalpers jacking up prices on LOYAL fans for financial gain, I was told that LSU can't control scalpers. :eek: :confused:

You mean to tell me that you can't take a look at the ticket stubs, cross reference the seat assignments and know EXACTLY who originally bought those tickets??? If you find out who originally purchased the seats and found out they are scalping them, or sold them to a scalper, then you revoke their season ticket priviledges.

That would get them to stop IMO.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

But if those scalpers didn't buy hundereds of tickets right off the bat, people like you or I WOULD have had the option to get tickets before it was a "sell out".

I'm not arguing about the random individual with an extra pair of seats that wants to get rid of them...I'm pissed and the sum bag with DOZENS of tickets in his hand asking for a 200% markup...

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I've often wondered that myself, especially how they get so many tickets to the higher profile games.