LSU scalpers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by meauxjeaux2, Sep 23, 2007.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

but you own the tickets, you shoudlnt be allowed to sell them to a scalper if you are out of town on a last minute trip or somethin?

when you cant make a game, it is nice if you have time to find a friend without a ticket or whatever, but in a hurry, it is nice to be able to get your money by selling a to a scalper at the game.

dont want high priced scalped tickets, dont buy them. someone else will, and they clearly wanted them more.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

YOu can give your tickets back to the athletic department and THEY could sell it for you.

3. BostonBengal

I agree. and unfortunately, that's what keeps these scalpers in business.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

but why shoudlnt the person who wants the ticket most, the one who will pay more, get the ticket? it is like an auction.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Bought a pair of tickets from one before a basketball game a couple years ago. Then took a picture of him after walking off a distance. Went to go into PMAC and they were stolen tickets. I immediately explained where I bought them. Then showed them picture of the guy. They arrested him shortly after. Then they let us in and gave us tickets in another spot.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

when i buy from a scalper, i have a friend stand with the money and one ticket, then i take ther other ticket into the venue. if it works, i have a friend pay for both and join me inside. if the scalper refuses this idea, no go.

7. BostonBengal

Scalping is illegal, Martin. You CAN be arrested for it but over-all, on game days, there are too many other things that security needs to worry about. That's the only reason these scalpers get away with it--because they know most security and law enforcement personel have "bigger fish to fry".

So, "why shouldn't the person that wants the ticket most pay more to get it?" Because it's ILLEGAL, that's why. You don't have to agree with the law, but it's still illegal. AND because for starters, RARELY do you EVER see two people bidding on the same ticket at the same time. Most often than not, you walk up to a scalper, ask how much, you'll likely get a marked up price quote. And that's done by the scalper who isn't guaranteed that another person will inquire about the ticket(s) later.

8. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Usually the scalper buys them for less than face and sells them for face. Very few times have I found anyone sell them for more than that.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i see what you mean but disagree. perhaps we can talk it over in the free speech alley sometime.

this is my experience as well, especially as game time gets closer. only horribly difficult to get tickets are really expensive. i remember my friends paid 800 for 2003 national championship, and were happy to do so.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'm with martin, supply and demand. The problem is that it shouldn't be legal in the first place. Actually, it's not exclusively "Illegal", only under certain parameters.

So is alcohol in the stadium (Public drunkeness at the least) but most people aren't bothered by that law not being followed. I'm not sure that they won't even be selling beer at the Tulane game.