LSU Schedules Powerhouse in 2016

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunPunk, Sep 2, 2010.

1. scr29

scr29 Freshman

Why do they even do press releases for this type of game? Just mark it in the books and if any one inquiries let them know.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Pretty amazing story with this team. Was listening to the HC Bill Curry the other day telling all the difficulties with building a program from the ground up.

Hey their undefeated winning their 1st game ever. Good for them.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

probably as a favor to Bill Curry

4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Isn't this Terry Bowden's team? If so, they are loaded with D1 transfers. They might not be pushovers by 2016.

5. LEGACY TIGER

I was just listening to the local ESPN and these guys are going off on how Boise St belongs in the BCSCG, a point that I won't argue, but they were trashing SEC programs for how weak our OOC is. The funny part about their argument is that they are ridiculing SEC schools for not going out and playing any BCS OOC, and that they should step up and play more of them like Boise St does. Pointing out the teams that the SEC goes out and plays against teams like the ULL's, North Tex, ULM, La Tech, etc.

Well I got pissed at the conversation and called them up, and pointed out that their argument was weak at best. I let them know that of course the SEC doesn't go out and play a ton of BCS schools during the season, and schedules cupcakes. I pointed out that schools in the SEC play 8 BCS teams per year, at the least, and that Boise St schedules a couple a yr. Also, that the very teams that they were trashing the SEC for scheduling as OOC games were the annual schedule for Boise St. I then pointed out that they needed to stop with only picking out the 1 or 2 cupcake games each SEC school schedules and tell the whole story. That they need to go back and check or tell that most of the SEC programs also do schedule 1 and sometimes 2 BCS programs to play against. Eg LSU playing UNC and WVU this year. I told them they need to make sure they do their research because not everyone that is listening doesn’t know the whole story.

They really didn't have much to say to me, just thanked me for the call.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Boise State plays two teams in the Top 25 - VT and Oregon State.

And I would not be surprised if they get schooled on their own turf by the Hokies.

That SEC argument is so lame I don't think the radio guys even believe it - they just spout it to get the radio market - i.e. the East Coast - riled up.

7. T-Time

T-Time Never Satisfied

negative. Joey Jones is the head coach and i honestly believe if he isnt a "lifer" coach for us then he will move on to coach at a much bigger school one day.

We did pick up the 4 star backup QB from ole miss. I think we will be as good as Troy is right now or better by 2016, dangerous enough to win given the right breaks and if LSU overlooks but... thats about it. LSU would win 9 out of 10 or more.

8. LEGACY TIGER

After I got off the radio they spent the next few minutes trying to dispell what I had said. Pointing out that many of the SEC teams had just started playing tough OOC games over the past couple of years, but all are still afraid to play Boise St. Saying that in a conversation with the AD of Boise St, the AD had claimed to have spent several weeks trying to get some BCS schools to play them on some open date they have in 2014. That all of them turned them down.

I swear these idiots have no clue. I mean 5 yrs ago Boise St was irrelevant and no one even knew who they were. I do agree, however that certain schools, like BS and Utah, do deserve consideration for the BCS NCG, but to try and win and argument by comparing the OOC of big conference schools with the OOC of them is idiotic. So what if they play 2-3 BCS schools every year, try playing 8-10 and come back and tell us about how strong they are.

9. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I don't mind LSU scheduling rent-a-wins, but at least pick a pee-on from a semi-respectable conference, like Arizona, Virginia, Colorado, Washington State, etc. Teams we know we can beat that don't look like we are playing High School State University based on their conference.