LSU scrimmage observations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ledfoot, Apr 17, 2004.

1. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

We'll have a bullseye on us no matter what. We're defending champs...Auburn was embarassed last year Georgia wants some major revenge, Ole Miss still wants to win the SEC in something. I would still like to be ranked about #5 so our players feel like they have to earn the respect and that #1 ranking.

2. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I think one year we were preseason ranked #5 and ended up going 3-7 on the season....that might have been Dinardo's last year.

Please correct me if i'm wrong. And also, remember Auburn high expectations for this last season? I'm perfectly ok with starting out the blocks at #4.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I think we started Dinardo's second to last year (Faulk & Herb Tyler's senior year) somewhere between #10-#12. I definitely remember that we rose as high as #6 early in the season after defeating Auburn at Jordan-Hare 31-19. We lost to Georgia the next week and ended up finishing the season with only 3 or 4 wins. Dinardo's last year (when we had the C. Nall/R. Davey/J. Booty QB derby) ended up with similar dissappointing losses. I don't think we were ever in the top 25 that year.

I don't think we were ever top-5 preseason in the AP or Coaches polls during Dinardo's tenure.

4. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

I don't care where we start, I just care where we end. :champs: :lsug: :champs:

5. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

My sentiments exactly, GTC! You beat me to the punch!

:helmet: :lsug: :geaux: :champs: :lsug: :geaux: :champs: :helmet:

6. GoldenFlashes72

GoldenFlashes72 Founding Member

I have just received a similar report.

Flynn is red hot and has had the best completion percentage all spring and has a decent chance to start in the Fall per my source. Barrington Edwards will move in the depth chart and challenge for 2nd team spot behind Vincent and will play. The OL is an AWESOME unit and is now much farther along than the dee and sometimes makes them give up big plays. Not much pressure against the pass from our Dee yet ... the OL that good. What a great problem to have.

Weakness on the Defensive line could be a problem if injuries hit LSU.

7. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Who will be the next Chad L. on D (he was great last year and single handedly created mayhem)? Everyone is excited about LSU's running game, but if the passing game doesn't gell in the start of the season we will be in for a rude awakening. The RBs did so well last year b/c of the long ball threat. I hope Saban doesn't go with Randell just b/c he is a senior. We live and die by the long ball (Reg. season winn over Ga. last year). We need a guy that can put it on the mark 40, 50 yards down field. Thats why we need Flynn or Russell to start.

8. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

I'm sure whoever the coach's start at QB will be the one who they feel can get the most production, and give the team the best chance to win.
    I kind of hope it's one of the younger guys, they seem to have the chance at
    bigger pass plays (quick scores) but I will support whoever lines up at the position.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Maybe Saban will figure out how to coach one day...

10. TigerFan101

TigerFan101 Founding Member

I believe that whoever Saban picks will be the best for the team.... no matter the reason (assuming he hasent recently gained any drain bamage). I know that there are many Randall bashers out there, but whoever Saban picks will be 100% fine with me.... wether its a senior or a freshman.

He did lead us to 2 SEC titles and a national title.... so he has my support!!