LSU Sets Program Record with Attendance: 15,000+

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Feb 11, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Watched this game...No ticket giveaways...No Pokey @ the Piggly Wiggly meet and greets...This was sheer supply & demand...a hard sellout...

Scrappy, you can't say sh!t about this one...and John Brady....Well, coach...Pokey's pulled in more in two games than you have in all your conference games, aggregate-at home so far this year...

You see what happens when LSU puts a winner on the court, and on the bench...

Money talks at LSU, and bullsh!t walks...I thought it was prophetic that Brady (Even though other coaches around the nation did also) wore "athletic" shoes on the sidelines against Tennessee...Very prophetic...As in, he'll be clearing out his office in a pair of those at the end of the year...

Congrats to the women...I applaud Chatman and all of the players...I'd also like to congratulate a former schoolmate of mine-Christie Sides...Who Chatman snuck away from Louisiana Tech to coach with her...Sides is the best basketball player I ever witnessed play the game...and yes, I've seen Augustus many times...

John...Pay attention...You might learn a thing or two from the ladies on the sidelines of the P-MAC from time to time!

2. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I could have sworn there was a good reason behind the tennis shoes...

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I hate you!

You suckered me into reading!

I thought this was going to be a thread praising the lady tigers!

How dare you!

Geeeeeeeeesh! Come on self. Self, do not click on threads started by TE. Bad self! Bad bad bad self!

4. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

A fight for cancer was the reason for the tennis shoes.

5. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Huh?

What are you talking about?

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Coaches against Cancer had their head coaches wearing tennis shoes to raise awareness about their efforts...Brady was a participant...Or was he just being clairvoyant...

7. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I'm not a big fan of Brady's nor do I think he should be fired. LSU is 7-2 in their last 9 games, with a loss at Kentucky and a blowout to Tenn. In that span LSU has averaged 80 ppg and given up an average of 74. LSU has been on very good streak and should make it into the NCAA tournament. If they can keep playing as well as they have been then LSU should be able to make it to at least the sweet 16, possibly the elite eight.

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

FYI, there weren't 15,000 plus there tonight. Not too many empty seats but enough to be noticable. And since capacity is 14,164, there definitely weren't 1,000+ in standin room only. It's interesting they post the actual attendance for the mens games' but for the women's game when they set a record they only announce the paid attendance.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

second time TE has taken the topic of women's basketball popularity and turned it into another "look at me i hate brady" thread.

what does that even mean? people clean out their office in sneakers? there is a specific shoe for post-fired office packing? are you just stringing together meaningless words hoping they mean something?

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Did you happen to notice that all the way around the arena people were standing against the wall in the concourse between the middle and upper levels? Looked like a standing room only crowd to me, with the exception of people going piss.........