LSU SHOULD BE HUGE UGA FANS

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Oct 22, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

LSU should hope that UGA wins every game till SECCG because an 11-1 LSU and 12-0 UGA team in the SECCG who ever wins that game will probably go to the FIESTA BOWL.

We could also make it to the FIESTA BOWL another way the hard way. Notre Dame is at # 3 and should lose this week UGA moves up to 3 and should stay there hopfully till the SECCG if not then LSU moves up 2 spots because of those losses. That means we move up to #7. Ohio St. and Michigan are on borrowed time after they lose we are up to #5. That means that the only part of this picture to worry about is Washington St and OU if they lose then we move to # 3 and Miami and VT play on Dec 7 so we will move up after that game. OU is the only team that can keep a 12-1 LSU out of the Fiesta.

Now if all this does not happen I will take a rematch in the NOKIA SUGAR BOWL with a VT TEAM.

I LOVE TO DREAM

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I agree in pulling for Georgia. Wins over top-15 teams (as UGA would be) give you bonus points in the formula. The excitement for the game would be that much bigger also, although I hope our players aren't thinking about this stuff now.

3. DeafValleyBatnR

I Really think

I don't think that this team is looking ahead after the way we got to the SECCG last year. I know they are not looking past Auburn because this is such a rivalry since we got rid of Tulane looks like Auburn is a good fit OLE MISS is tring to be a better rivalry but I just do not think that OLE MISS can be a very good team year in and year out.

FIESTA BOWL TIGERS

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Rules changed this year. The sliding scale is 1 point for top ranked team to 0.1 point for the 10th ranked team. 11-15 dont carry weight anymore.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Thanks for the info

That sounds vaguely familiar MobileBengal, I guess we would still get credit for Georgia as I'm assuming they would remain in the top 10 (barely). Maybe get a tenth of a point. We certainly won't get any bonus points for any other wins. If we don't make the big game, nothing is wrong with a little SUGAR again. I still wish they'd agree on some sort of 8 team or 16 team playoff one day.

6. DeafValleyBatnR

SWEET

We would get VT in Sugar that would be Sweet

Revenge

7. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Mobile is right. Take a look at the current BCS breakdown. VT gets a 0.2 credit for its win against us, since we are #9 in the BCS. The credit is a reduction in its point total. The only chance we have to play a top 10 BCS team would be to play UGA in the SECC. Should UGA go unbeaten throughout the remainder of the regular season, they would be no lower than BCS #5, which would mean that we would get at least a 0.5 point reduction in our total BCS tally, should we win the SECC. This would half-way make up for the 1 point addition from the VT loss, but the VT loss would still play into our poll and computer rankings.

Regardless, we've got 5 more games left in the regular season; let's continue to enjoy the ride without looking ahead.

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

True the VT loss would still play into the ranking but as we have seen in the past, in college football it is more important WHEN you lose as opposed to IF you lose. A loss on week 1 hurts us less than a loss in the SECCG.

9. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

yea, I always root for LSU's opponents to win as many games as possible, and with a possible however unlikely chance at a national title game, I'll be rooting extra hard for georgia.

With the BCS the way it is, who else is more pissed off at Bowling Green now? beating an undefeated division 1 team would have helped LSU, beating a 1-AA team hurts them.

10. BigETigerFan

BigETigerFan Freshman

IMO...if Miami and OU win out...they play for all the marbles. LSU's one loss is hurting them as far as the BCS is concerned. I think the best LSU can do this year is #2. But the Tigers must win the rest of their games to finish that high. IMHO

Big E says MNC would be nice...but #2 may be the best LSU can do.