LSU should target Bobby Petrino as OC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 11, 2018.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

We're a matter of a few years removed from a point where everone here was laughing at Kiffin to Bama citing how it would never work.

And today...

Bobby P? He'd never go over well in Baton Rouge because LSU actually lets the defense play/hit in practice.

kcal likes this.
  2. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

It only worked a short time cause Kiffin couldn't wait to get out of there. Saban likes Yes men.

Petrino would be another guy ending up at Maryland after one year. If he survived the Orgeron fight.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Petrino would not survive the fight.

CalcoTiger and Winston1 like this.
  4. CalcoTiger

They would also have to put in his contract no motorcycle riding with someone other than his wife

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It worked for the exact reason I told you guys it would work. He's a good play caller who knows how to accentuate skill positions. His numbers spoke for themselves before he was hired--something that was pointed to and dismissed by a lot here--and they spoke for themselves when he was in Tuscaloosa.

Seriously, Calco. One year he took a converted running back, put him in the QB position, and took that team to the playoffs. A converted running back who set a few all-time records at Bama. "It only worked a short time cause Kiffin couldn't wait to get out of there" is a really bad take. REALLY BAD. Hell, a different QB in his second season (first worked because he wanted to get out of there, right) to a NC.

It worked, because he's a good play caller.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It worked because y’all are stacked. I don’t believe in Kiffy.

ehusson80 likes this.
  7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That leaves me with two interpretations.
    1) You don't like Kiffin so you refuse to see what he can do from a play calling perspective.
    2) You don't know how to recognize good play calling.

I think it's #1. If it isn't, it's a case of you refusing to see what's been proven.

You're "stacked" comment is simply wrong when we're talking about a former running back playing quarterback. It's evidence by what I pointed to earlier...getting the ball in the hands of skill players. He's one of the best at that aspect of the game.

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

The Citadel’s scored more on Bama already than LSU! Okay, maybe we need a new OC. I’m on board with Freeze or Briles.’

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. CalcoTiger

Geez man do you ever listen to your BS. Kiffen left because he didn't like working for Saban. That's the truth which is in short supply in Bama. Also it didn't hurt he had all 4 and 5 starts to coach. How is he doing as a head coach at FIU without those 4 and 5 stars. And he just happened to have one hell of a defense that had his back

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Transitive stats comparisons stupid but fun.

ParadiseiNC likes this.