LSU shuttle buses

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by col reb, Aug 14, 2006.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I am told one leaves from the Pastime Lounge and drives right up to the stadium. Is this true? Would love to have a brew or two and eat at the Pastime again. Does anyone know how many trips this shuttle makes? The cost? If it makes two or three trips, I could be 2-3 am just getting back to the Pastime. Have had a heart attack and two back surgeries. Had four surgeries to put stints in my heart. Bad hip bone. Can't walk far. Just a fat old man!!!!

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They have had it the last few years. I suppose it will happen again. Try emailing the LSU sports information director.

LSU AD personnel list

3. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Any bus that goes from the Pastime to Tiger Stadium and backwards and forwards between the two is a magic bus. I'd love a Pastime greasy pepperoni mushroom pizza and a cold beer right about now.:bncry:

4. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

That is true but I don't think it brings you right up on the stadium but its pretty damn close.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

My parents started taking me to the Pastime before games when I was around 10 yrs old. Now I'm approaching 30 and often meet friends and family there on gamedays. It's a very convenient place to meet (right off I-10) and the shuttle for the past few years has been great. I think they start running about 5 hrs before gametime which unfortunately isn't early enough at times. It drops you off very close to the stadium. With the shuttle service, I've started a new tradition of having a greasy pizza pre-game and a roast beef poboy post-game since I have to go back to my car and sober up anyway. I'm amazed that I've never had any upset stomach problems considering I've had one of those ultra greasy pizzas at least 20-30 (maybe more) gamedays for lunch. I think they have shuttles from other locations also but have never used them.

A few years ago for the opener against one of the rent a win teams, it was raining all day (game eventually delayed) so we decided to stay at the Pastime much longer than usual. We finally boarded the shuttle around 5-6 PM after many beers. A middle-aged guy (not that old) was crossing the street and got hit by a car travelling roughly 30 MPH. It was quite a gruesome site but I heard the guy eventually recovered. One of the Pastime workers told me later that he didn't have any alcohol that day and the way that the shuttle parks in the right lane kind of blocks the other lane. Anyway, just be careful that you watch out for the cars in the other lane.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I don't know about past time, but I sometimes park in the Sheraton garage and ride their bus over to the stadium. It drops you off right by the Athletic office, and picks you up there up until two hours after the game.

plus you can go play some cards after the game while traffic dies down. I usually get home about the same time I would have if I sat in traffic.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

The LSU NEWS section at the top part of the Den ran this story yesterday.

All this is gonna do is make traffic unbearable and put more cars on campus.

Meaning we gotta get out there at 4 in the morning instead of 5 to get a parking spot in front of the union.