LSU Softball primed to bring home another title for LSU sports this season?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, May 30, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The LSU softball team has beaten Cal 4-1. Now they must play Cal again and beat them in order to face UCLA tomorrow for the title.

The chance for a title depends on Kristen Schmidt, the LSU starting pitcher. If she can get past the first inning without damage, she has the ability to totally shut down the opponent. She has given up only 6 runs in 4 games (plus 6 extra innings...so almost 5 games in essense). But 4 of those have been given up in the very first inning (3 of the 4 teams have scored on her in the first inning). So basically she has given up only 2 runs in the other 30 innings other than the first inning.

She has already won 2 games today and is being called upon to win her 3rd game of the day in the rematch with California. I have to think that this is a first in women's college softball world series that any one pitcher has won 3 games in 1 day.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I am awfully curious to know how long college softball pitchers usually go between games. It is hard to believe that Kristin Schmidt pitched LSU to victory in two COMPLETE games in the same day today. Not only that but according to ESPN and the radio broadcast, it seems as though there is every indication that Schmidt will start *again* in the next game tonight!? Simply amazing! :geaux:

3. tigers

tigers Founding Member

Are we going to see the next game or what? Does anyone know?

Thanks...GO TIGERS!!!

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

From what ESPN2 said at the end of the broadcast just now, it will be played on tv tape delayed after Sportscenter tonight. :(

I was hoping those of us here in BR would get to see it live though.... still hopeful.....

5. tigers

tigers Founding Member

I was hoping we would get to see them also. I've been watching them since the tournament started and they are looking awesome. Perhaps ESPN2 will go back to the girls at 8:00.

GO GIRLS!!!!!

6. islstl

Yes the radio broadcast also announced that no one in the country will get to see it live. Only tape delay.

Anybody think we need an ESPN3 channel? lol

7. islstl

They are not going to cut away from their baseball game unfortunately.

So either try to stay up to watch the tape delay, which probably will start about 11 PM, or set your vcr to tape it.

8. tigers

tigers Founding Member

That really stinks. I vote for ESPN3, asap...

GO TIGERS!!!!

9. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Or listen to it now. Bottom of first

LSU has runner on second with one out.