LSU Softball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Mar 26, 2019.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

lol

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Better be careful around me then.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Hes angry usl yvette guy.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

He doesn't know shit. He wouldn't fire anybody.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

While you don't like the result, you'd have appreciated some of the defense last night. An interesting game: bad base running and good defense. Big hits and stranded runners.

** Anyone know whether it's Wickersham or Gorsuch today?

I find that depressing. Damn. Meh, more of a feeling of sympathy.

Since we've started talking about softball (shit, been long time) we've seen the launch of the SECN and it's improved each season. Outside of the time living in Tuscaloosa, I've watched more conference softball this year than I ever have.

On an SEC note: depending on how a few things shake out, ya know...but looking at Florida's loss last night to State and leaning towards the shot the Gators have played their way out of a Super.

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

Long time indeed. I hadn’t even realized there’s been a rule change for slapping and was told Torino is getting away from slappers, in part, because of it.

I clicked off at 0-1 and missed the big inning y’all had cause when I clicked back y’all had 7.
    Through 5, or 6, score-wise it was interesting but , like @COTiger said at one point in the thread, watching was frustrating cause we left too many runners in scoring position. Hell, I think we started off two innings with a lead off double and couldn’t cross one.

Congrats on the win but I hope we bust y’alls ass for the next two- however, I’m no fan of “Co Championships.”

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

And how that's been called has varied as much as the strike zone from day to day. I saw a few of them missed last night. It's not being missed as much as say...UF and illegal pitches. But I don't think there's anything close for comparison there.

(Watching a little of the Ole Miss vs UGA game last night and I saw the Rebels pitcher get away with it a few times before finally being called. That girl was getting a good 3" or more off the ground on her back foot.

That shocked me.

By my count LSU had runners at second with no outs six times in last nights game. I believe there were 16 runners left on base, and something like 11 of those were at second or third.

On one hand we've got fans saying "we have to capitialize in those moments" and on the other hand we got fans talking about good defense. Both are true.

I don't either. Never have.

I'm wondering if the game actually gets in today...last I looked (a few hours ago) and Baton Rouge was getting slammed.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The weather has moved through. Chance of rain is now very low for afternoon and evening.

TerryP likes this.
  9. LSUTiga

Umpire’s SZ sucks.

Still, we just walked in two runs- HAS TO come out.

EDIT: She gone She already walked 4 straight though. Shoulda yanked her after 3rd. We seldom gave a pitcher an opportunity to walk more than two in a row.

10. LSUTiga

Their 8 hole goes yard.