lsu sports fans, does anything besides football really matter?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 19, 2004.

1. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Football is not all that matters. Look at what the Baseball program has done the last 15 or 20 years and tell me how you cant like baseball. Football is great, but so is Baseball. Now basketball, thats another story.

2. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Don't call yourself an LSU Fan

You call yourself an LSU fan? Better yet, call yourself a LSU Football Fan. Not an LSU fan.

I support all LSU athletics and cheer them on. But I mostly follow basketball, football, and baseball.

3. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Uh, who is the AD again, and from what sport did he come? Other sports most certainly matter, although football is still the king of the castle.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I will say this.
    Since I became a member of this board in October I thought how interesting this board would be every week since fans and students from the opposing team come
    over to talk smack or just general talk about the upcoming game.

I thought this is the way things would be in basketball and baseball season but It didn't happen.
    I'm not saying I'm disapointed or anything because I'm not but I will say that it surprised the heck out of me because it didn't happen.

This tells me that football is King in the Southeast anyway and anything else takes a back seat.
    Having said this... I never miss an LSU football, basketball or baseball game if I can help it although I don't watch the womens basketball team, (no offense, I just don't
    watch any womens basketball, WNBA, whatever)

5. arizona tiger

arizona tiger Founding Member

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE WITH BASILE! I support all LSU athletics and "cheer them on" even though I personally do not enjoy watching a basketball game or watching golf. ALL LSU teams have my 100% support--period. That's not necessarily a big deal if you live in BR or even Louisiana where everyone else supports LSU too, but it is when you live amongst the wusses in the PAC 10 area (I live in Arizona) or somewhere else where you constantly catch hell from the locals who have no clue about LSU tradition, etc. They think tailgating is buying a hamburger on the way to the game and eating it in the back seat. You'd better believe that everyone who lives within my subdivision knows I'm a rabid LSU fan. My flag was hanging on the front of my new home before the boxes were unpacked.

There's an LSU doormat at my office door, a copy of the Sugar Bowl win article with Spears scoring on the main door to the office, a replica of Tiger Stadium complete with pickup truck on my office credenza and a windsock with stickers on my SUV. There is no question in my neighborhood and my workplace complex about my support of LSU. My new neighbors knew my feelings well before they knew my name. :geaux:

ASU people cannot fathom having almost as many fans OUTSIDE the stadium during the game as there are inside. They can't even put 77,000 inside.

6. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

Our track team has won like 30 of our national titles and baseball 5! and you're going to say no other sport matters? You would make a horrible coach my friend....I hope no other student athletes are reading this forum now...

I love college football the most, but you can't throw all these other sports our tigers are working so hard at winning (except basketball, i mean do they even try?) out the window! If football had not won a national title this year would you bring up the same comment?

GEAUX TIGERS! (and by Tigers I mean EVERYONE related to LSU, not just football ;) ) :geaux: :lsup:

7. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

i like your passion, but there was like one post addressing the track team winning both men's and women's nat'l titles and then the talk goes right back to sub 4.2 sec 40's and more football.....i love the fact that lsu is doing well in all sports, but i'll be honest, if the basketball or baseball teams don't have a great season i'm over it in about a day.....if the football team doesn't have a good season, i'm not over it til the next season.....and that is the truth.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Also, it's the number one sport in Angola and San Quentin.

9. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

Well I'll agree with one thing, football does effect me more, I think about it constantly. The thing I just don't agree with is saying other sports don't matter. Now I know its just your personal opinion, but what if student athletes read this board?, would you like to be the one who brought their morale down by saying you only really support football? The fact is...all LSU sports matter. If LSU girls win the national title in basketball and baseball wins too this year will you be over that in one day or will you vask in the glory of being a tiger with such a great ATHLETIC program? I know you don't mean you are against LSU sports in anyway nor do you not support them. Just two words comes to mind when I read a post like this....Bandwagon fan.

10. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

lol.....maybe i chose the wrong words and it was never my intent to take away from the accomplishments of the other sports or hurt the morale of the other student athletes...only point i was trying to make was that for me football has the biggest impact by far.....and i don't mind being a bandwagon fan for lsu football.....i mean i've only been one for well over 30 years.....