LSU stats

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Oct 18, 2004.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I've just been checking out, http://www.secsports.com/new/sports/fbc/04stats/ls.htm
    There's some interesting things to look at on there.

First of all, consider the QB's: Marcus Randall has more completions on less attempts than Jamarcus Russell, but I think this has more to do with the play calling. It seems to me that Marcus throws more short, easy passes - as is showed by his Longest and Average length stats.

On receivers, Dwayne Bowe & Buster Davis are neck and neck. Bowe has the touchdown numbers though. I also think Bowe's numbers would be a good bit higher, but he's had a few dropped passes - something I expect him to grow out of. X Carter and Early Doucet's numbers are looking really impressive for true freshmen as well, but some of those stats come against far inferior teams... so that's tough to judge.

On Rushing, Broussard's numbers aren't as high as I'd expect them to be, and Justin Vincent's are higher than I thought they were. Addai is really the leader of the pack and Broussard is *only* averaging 4.7 yards a carry. Vincent is at 4.3, but Addai is at 8.8 - I think greatly helped by his performance against Florida. And Hester's numbers are pretty good too. He's averaging 6.1 yards a carry. He's a true freshman right? I don't remember alot being said about him before the season... And what about Carey, is he still hurt?

I guess there's no need to talk about punt/kick returns... How come we aren't near as good at that this year? Is it just because of injuries??? I don't understand what happened...

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Carey is not injured and played a good amount in the Florida game. Hester is a true freshman who was rated only a 2 star recruit but he was also recruited by Texas (originally verbaled to Mack), and Miami among others.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Why was he ranked so low... and what did these schools, including LSU, see in him that the ranking people didn't?

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Well he doesnt have alot of the intangibles...hes smaller than a true fullback but slower than a true halfback...I didn't see what the schools saw, but they knew what they were doing obviously.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

Well, didn't Hester have to play QB after JD Booty left Evangel early for USC? That may have given people a better glimpse into his abilities. Coach Saban was / is very high on Hester and he never quit recruiting him.

Not only was Hester a Texas Verbal, he actually got a longhorn tattoo on his arm...

6. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Carey would look nice returning punts if you ask me. What more could you ask from Hester? He will be one hell of a player in 3 years. Did I hear a story that Flynn could start vs. Troy? I would love to see the kid get a chance.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Saban did say that he is considering starting Flynn in one of his interviews, but I think as long as Marcus feels comfortable starting, he will start.