LSU Student Planning to Burn American Flag in "Peaceful Protest"

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by CaseyLSU, May 11, 2011.

1. hunter5407

hunter5407 REMEMBER THE BENGHAZI 4 !!!

HE needs to have "TRAITOR" tattooed on his forehead.....Tar & Feathered....then Stomp a Mudhole in his Ass !!!....and drop him in the flood waters of the... Mighty Mississip.!!!

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i detest desecration of the flag. however, that is his right of free speech, no matter how distasteful. it is one of those things that comes with liberty.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Then that would make us even worse than tyrannical and uncivilized countries who beat, kill and torture its citizens for doing such things.

You don't want to live in a country like that, bro. If you do, I would advise you to go live somewhere in the Middle East.

4. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

It is not RESPECTFUL to burn our nations flag simply because you have the right to do so, a right that was fought for and obtained by soldiers who proudly salute that flag and carry it into battle.

It is ones right to assemble and protest, which is why I simply exercise my right to not watch and to ignore but to say it is “respectful” to burn a flag in protest is soooo a$$ backwards. Just because one has a right to do an act does not mean that act is a sign of respect.

5. CaseyLSU

CaseyLSU Founding Member

I absolutely understand he has the right to do it.

It just saddens me that this is the way he's choosing to exercise his freedom.

1 person likes this.
  6. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

Really i disagree with you and i should move to China.....Lol wow... :wave:

Just because i dont agree with it or think it spits in the face of all our flag stands for...i never said it was illegal. You seem just giddy with this and i think it sad. Been to China and all over the world i like my Country and Suggesting i move because i believe different than you seem kinda of extreme :dis:

1 person likes this.
  7. Bud Lee

I applaud how the student government is handling it…it is their actions that show “respect” for our country and our liberties.

8. Bud Lee

You say silly...I say disrespectful.

9. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I bet he's more than happy to receive his TOPS and Pell grants though.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I am going to defend Supa on this one. He is not saying that this person that is burning the flag shouldn't be aware that there is going to be a backlash. It's like the Florida dude that burned the Qu'Ran, burn the ****er, but know there are going to be repercussions. But he has every right to do so, and that is what makes this country unlike any other.

Those men and women who fought for the flag, fought for your right to burn the flag.