LSU Student Planning to Burn American Flag in "Peaceful Protest"

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by CaseyLSU, May 11, 2011.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

why do you care either way what some idiot with a flag thinks?

if a person says "i do not like america", why are you angry? why are you concerned about the level of respect shown for some concept you like?

you dont see me being angry at churches or crosses, even though they are symbols of lies and are disrespectful to the things i care about. its just some lunatics expressing an opinion i dont agrre with.

like if you wear a cross around your neck, i know you are a worthless moron, but it isnt really anything for me to get offended over.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

the video should be titled "idiotic hippies manipulate dumbass hillbillies into generating attention for themselves."

3. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Patriotic I guess.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

you are patriotic, but why do you care they they are patriotic?

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

piss ant got his attention. it would have been better had he been out there all my his little lonesome and burned his flag all by his little self. bet that would have made him feel all important.:rolleye33:

6. Bud Lee

Seriously though…how did they envision that going down. Did they feel that they had the support of the student body? That everyone would cheer them on?

To be honest with you Martin, as a stated earlier in this thread I would just ignore them. Let them protest, I don't have to listen, and I wish the students should of just let them do it and pay them no attention. Do I get angry...no...do I think it is disrespectful and offensive...yes.

And I think it is far from being the "most respectful" thing an American can do as supa said.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

of course!

is this what we want? a bunch of raging frat boy hillbillies shouting everyone down? its looks like video of angry muslims!

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No, the person who burns the flag should realize that there are people out there that are going to get pissed off, jam some Toby Keith and go looking for blood. Does it matter to you or I? No, but it will to the burner when he/she is confronted.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What if the guy that burned the flag came out with a "don't tread on me" flag and burned the American flag because he didn't want to be a part of Obama's America? I bet some of you would sing a different tune.

10. Bud Lee

Nah, I preferred what the student body planned on doing, and that was to have a counter protest an hour after the "flag burning" was scheduled. Still...kids will be kids.