LSU Student Planning to Burn American Flag in "Peaceful Protest"

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by CaseyLSU, May 11, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

:rofl: Where's Hacksaw Jim Duggan when you need him?

[​IMG]

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

if you are saying that protesters should be careful because there are morons who are so violent they might attack them, then i guess that is true. i guess that is why i referred to the quran burner as heroic before, because he expresses himself in spite of threats of violence from the idiocracy.

these flag burners should be rewarded for being willing to protest even though they know every idiot billy bob frat boy in baton rouge might throw a punch. the community should give them a gift certificate to the chimes.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

what would they be counterprotesting? 3 emotionally damaged hipster hippes that dont like some particular american policy?

i just dont see what the problem is.

4. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Do you know the back story here? The guys were there protesting the fact that the guy that stole and burned the flag on campus got arrested…thus showing their support for him.

The counter protestors would be showing that they do not support him, nor do the approve of the burning of a flag.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i doubt that is the case. they are supporting thievery and vadalsim?

taking s stand against a few hundred bucks worth of vandalism? hmm. perhaps i should protest some graffiti on a back alley near my house. it might cost a hundred bucks to call a painter!"

like sup says, if they want flag burning banned, there are nations they could move to that would accommodate their dislike of freedom.

6. Bud Lee

They feel that it was not right to arrest the kid...apparently, they don't realize that the dude was in a stolen car, and that the flag was not his property to burn.

Any hoot...here is a transcript of his speech.

Love the last paragraph...now if they would just understand that he was arrested for vandalism and not expressing himself in a manner that is not popular.

Like I said before, gotta respect the balls on the kid. Next time he should bring a bull horn.

$7,500 something actually....and it would be taking a stand against them taking a stand for the dude…it is a little confusing and hurting my head so I’m going back to my boobbie thread now.

They have a right to protest against burning a flag just like the would be flag burners have a right to burn it.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Burning the American flag is legal. Burning the American flag shows no respect for the men that came home with that flag draped over their coffins. That's why I would not do it ever. My opinion doesn't matter but that's how I see it.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

and this is why the kid from today is so freakin stupid. if the original flag burner had burned his own property, no problem. it is that he stole and destroyed lsu's property, was driving a stolen car, drugs were found in the car, and he is accused of painting graffiti on the walls around his apartment complex, is why he was arrested. in other words, he's a punk ass little criminal. not because he exercised his freedom of speech.

9. Bud Lee

EXACTLY...finally someone gets it...I can go look at boobies in peace now :D

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

The sad part is people get all up-in-arms over this **** but they let the govt. add another 1.65 trillion in debt year over year. At this rate there won't be any flag to burn soon.