lsu students

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Unregistered, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

what do you guys think of the lsu students trying to ban LSU from playing anyone during the day?

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

1. Huh? Please elaborate.
    2. Students have no leverage to "BAN" anything
    3. If you mean "boycott" day games, then big deal. LSU doesn't really need the students anyway. The fact that LSU ALLOWS students in at a reduced rate is charity, and LSU could just as easily sell those tickets at $30 each.
    4. LSU will play whenever they can get on TV. That is where the most money is at. Much more than the 62,000 season tickets and much much much much more than the pocket change that the students contribute to the program.

3. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

Ain't gonna happen

I heard on the radio that LSU students were trying to ban day games, and only "allow" LSU to play at night. Chance of that happening is Zero, Zilch, Nadda, Zip!!!

Ellis is right LSU will play whenever it can get on TV, after all LSU Football supports probably 95% of the entire athletic department and that means anyway to generate more revenue is what they are going.

TV + College Football = $$$$$$$

LSU will continue to play day games, 'nough said.

4. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

i'm a student here and i haven't heard anything about this. If it is true nobody is talking about it on campus. I agree with ya'll totally, if we can get on tv we need to get on tv. I don't really like day games but it better then not being on tv. But like ya'll said if we can get on tv thats what we need to do just for the money.