LSU tailgate experience Sept. 25,2021

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mgelmi, Jun 15, 2020.

1. mgelmi

mgelmi Great Tailgate Seeker

Hey all I need some help.. I am a Central Michigan University alumni and I have a core group of friends that have enjoyed tailgating in my own RV over the years. There is about 10 of us in our mid40’s looking to experience the same at LSU when they host CMU sept. 25 in 2021. I am not necessarily wanting to drive my RV all the way to Baton Rouge For a long weekend of a great tailgate. Is there a group that rents out RV’s to stay in/tailgate for LSU weekend games? I did some research and it seems the RV lot near the stadium would be preferred, as this is right near the stadium. But we are looking to have a great time in Tiger country to have the best bayou tailgate experience. We are a fun group that enjoys drinking beer and love the tailgate experience so hoping to find a typical SEC and LSU Tiger tailgate experience.. we will still want to wear our Chippewa colors of maroon and gold, but looking to have fun with all college football fans! Any thoughts or leads would be helpful... I know it’s not a marquee game with the mid-major of CMU, so if someone is looking to take a weekend off of their season pass to tailgate we would be happy to step in.. open to thoughts and suggestions..

Bengal B likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Welcome @mgelmi you’re going to have a great time. You should wear your school colors and will find us very welcoming. Be prepared for quite a few tiger bait chants and razzing but it’s in good nature 99% of the time. Just engage cheerfully and you’ll most likely be asked in and sample the best food you’ll ever eat. We do have a few a**holes, every place does but just ignore them. Get to campus early and wander around and take in the sights. You’ll never forget.

Unfortunately renting a RV space near the stadium is pretty much impossible as most are booked for years. You might check with the LSU Athletic Dept website and see if they reserve spaces for visitors. I’m not sure.

Regardless enjoy and feel free to stick around this forum as many will give good advice. We even have a Oregon fan who has been here almost 10 years. Hope this helps...enjoy

mgelmi and Bengal B like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Renting an RV should be no problem. Just search for RV rentals in Baton Rouge or the New Orleans area.

Like Winston said though, you may have a hard time finding a spot in the RV village on campus. If you get there early enough you should be able to find a spot within walking distance.

There are places where people park their cars and trucks nearby. You may have to pay a fee. You might even want to try the River Road area.

I would call the information department at LSU. They can probably steer you in the right direction and tell you where can and can't park.

mgelmi likes this.
  4. mgelmi

... thanks for the info. And welcome. We are very much looking forward to great SEC experience... we love the college tailgate scene. :). Excited to see the national champion Tigers!!

Winston1 likes this.
  5. mgelmi

thanks for the info. Gonna check with LSU information:)

Bengal B likes this.