LSU / Tennesee - Lady's SEC Tourney Championship

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Mar 5, 2006.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

5.4 seconds left....63-62 Tenn.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Final Vols win 63-62 :po:

I'd really like to see a replay of Hoston's ALMOST steal on the inbound pass where she tipped it and then threw the ball off the leg of a Lady Vol player before it went out of bounds. They ruled Hoston was on the line when she tipped it....

Oh well. Such is life. Still a good season and the SEC Tourny Championship isn't our ultimate goal (but damn it would have been nice to win...I really can't stand Pat Summit).

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I hate tennessee

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It's hard to win a competitive tournament with only 2 players and having no outside shooters doesn't help. I'd love to see what the Lady Tigers would be like with one of Tenessee's outside shooters. I think they will go far in the big dance but I don't see them being able to win it all with just two great players and 3 card board cut outs.

5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

LSU did not play their game. They let Tenn. dictate the game and when you let an inferior team stick around you risk getting beat.

I didnt think Pokey adjusted to their defense. No screens for Augustes at all. They were all over her and our guards dont know how to penetrate worth a damn.

By this time in the year you would also think that gaurds would not just be throwing the ball out of bounds so much misreading their players moves.

Very sloppy ballhandling.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Come on, guys, the SEC Tourney was and is meaningless for the Lady Tigers.

We already won the SEC Championship . . . we Raised the Banner yesterday.

What was there to gain or lose in this game against Tenn?

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

The good thing about women's basketball. They lost twenty minutes ago. I was over it 19 minutes ago. :D

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I wouldn't exactly call Tennessee an inferior team they are pretty damn good and always have been, however LSU should have won this game. Problem is LSU only has two players that can beat you and Tennessee has five players to guard them. LSU is more athletic with two big time stars while Tenn is much more balanced with more players that can step up and LSU had to defense all five. Pokey needs to recruit some shooters real bad so teams can't pack it down low and dare one of LSU's other 3 players to shoot from the outside.

You also need a point that at least is a threat to shoot when left wide open all night. That would help create some better passing lanes.

9. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

neither was Fowles for that matter...seemed to me her head wasn't in the game towards the end...maybe just tired??

10. Berge

Berge Founding Member

The Ladies simply cannot win games shooting 60% or worse Free Throws. The UConn, Florida, and this past game they shot about 60%. (56%, 53%, and 63%, respectively)

It hurts when you can't do the simplest task in basketball... They are called Free Throws for a reason. It's supposed to be free points. If I were a bad team, I might consider getting my players to foul a lot because if LSU ends up getting 1 point on each of their possesssions (or zero if they miss the front end of a 1-and-1) instead of two, the bad team has a much better chance.

Yes, I know that's a dumb and ridiculous strategy...