LSU-Texas: The Matchup

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Mar 24, 2006.

1. maduka

maduka Founding Member

Good post. Teams that create many T.O.'s do alot of pressing or over playing which exerts alot of energy. Since we are not that deep, we can't do that. I can't wait until Saturday. You can bet that Texas will mix it up between Zone and Man to Man. Just to give you guys a different look. There is going to be a battle in the Paint; Block shots, Lay ups, etc. Whoever wins that wins the game me thinks. As far as your Loss to a CUSA team, I'm just throwing things out. Yea we lost to Duke, but it was basically at their house and they MADE the NCAA tourney. Reddick went off for like 41 on 75% shooting. That's all. I'm pretty sure you would have lost under the same circumstances (at their house, Reddick going off for 41.) It was earlier this season but hey the past is a fair indicator of the future. Truth be told, I'm glad you guys beat Duke, because we match up MUCH better with you guys.

2. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

you see youre missing the point. We didnt let Redick get hardly any open looks... thats called DEFENSE.

Welcome to Atlanta. Hope your trip is quick and painless.

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I was more worried about WVU...we had played tham at there house and won...a little revenge could go a long way. Now that we have Texas it's all good...even match-up or not we get the win.

4. maduka

maduka Founding Member

This will be an interesting game to say the least.

5. maduka

maduka Founding Member

That's what I'm talking about!!! Confidence (though a bit missplaced) in your team. But what do you have to be confident about?

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Ummm...Winning the SEC Championship by 2 games over the SECOND place team that defeated Texas already...A bench that has come along leaps and bounds since the beginning of Feruary, you witnessed that when both Tyrus and Glenn were on the bench and we EXTENDED the lead on Duke... Beating the No. 1 overall team in the country...

Wait...by your account you guys should be No. 1...

7. maduka

maduka Founding Member

Man you know I'm kidding, but no one has answered my question. We both know Tenn and Duke were number 2 and 1 seeds in the tourney respectfully, but help me I never saw U of H in the Bracket, what seed did they get?

8. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

You funny...

Let's see...we HAVE beat...Duke(1), (12)Texas A&M, (13)Iona, Tennessee(2), (6)West Virginia, (10)Alabama, (8)Arkansas, (8)Kentucky...all of those made the Tourney...Another 2 seed goes down this weekend in Atlanta.

Oh...where is Oklahoma St? They should be in the Tourney somewhere right? I mean they CLEANED your clock...in February. 21 points? :rofl:

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Let's answer that question with a different question. (To paraphrase) Help me, I never saw Oklahoma State in the bracket, what seed did they get?

2/19/06... OSU 81 - UT 60

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

you should know that one game will not always be an indicator of a future matchup-that six degrees of u of h doesnt work. if it did then LSU would not have gone on to win the conf champ or gotten to the E8.

the size of aldridge concerns me. glen does not play above the rim but he does have great post moves--aldridge better keep his feet. glen can use his left hand (but you know that if you saw the duke game), he is very good at splitting doubleteams (but you know that too if you saw the duke game), and glen usually can hit the midrange jumper.

has LSU seen a frontcourt with UT's size?--Yes, several times, but not always with great results--UF twice (once without tyrus thomas in a bad loss and once in a relatively close game on the road)--they have 6-11, 6-9, 6-9, 6-8, 6-8. --@UConn in a one point loss--they have 6-11, 6-10, 6-9, 6-8. in this game, both tyrus thomas and hilton armstrong had their coming out parties. boone did squat and gay got his from the line.