LSU-Texas: The Matchup

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Mar 24, 2006.

1. maduka

maduka Founding Member

I was actually waiting for that response. Okie state had the top recruiting class last year coming in. They were mostly blue chippers they were hardly devoid of talent. How many bluechippers does U of H have? Plus they had something to play for, their coach was just put into substance abuse rehab. Again the game was AT THEIR PLACE and OSU has one of the best Home court advantages in the country. I think that sums it up. Where was the game against U of H again? And uh, how many points did the Baby score?

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

From ESPN Insider:

Texas Team Data

LSU Team Data

3. maduka

maduka Founding Member

Look, I'm just excited about the game. Don't take my tongue and cheek references wrong. I like our chances, you guys should like yours. Trash talking is fun.

4. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Texas lost to aTm in March and only managed 43 points, 15 of those in the second half. I didn't see the game so I don't know the particulars. Maybe one of you Texas guys can explain it. Did the team have the flu or something, or did aTm's defense really frustrate y'all that bad.

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Doesn't matter. A team of UT's caliber should have mopped the floor with a bunch of freshman "bluechips". What is your seed again? Why didn't you beat Duke? Who Framed Roger Rabbit?...See...none of thsi matters. What does is who shows up Saturday. I expect you to be gracouis in defeat and come back here to talk 6PM Saturday...:thumb:

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Talking about early season losses is pointless this time of the year.

What, should we take that dominant North Carolina team's 2005 title away because of a early loss to...Santa Clara? Who cares?

7. maduka

maduka Founding Member

It was a defensive battle. Thats how A & M had to play. They couldn't match up with us talent for talent. Even though they started figuring it out at the end of the season. We beat Aggie 2-3 times this season. Good enough for me.

8. maduka

maduka Founding Member

Totally right, I'm talking tongue and check. LSU's worst loss vs. Texas' worst loss.

9. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I can guarantee that this is not the same team that LSU had early in the year.

The freshmen at LSU dont play like freshmen anymore and have grown up.

The one concern i have is the turnovers. LSU must make sharp crisp passes. Cant be giving up easy baskets in transition with sloppy ball handling. That is what killed us during some of those early season games .

The bottom line is this game will be decided Saturday not on a game 2 or 3 months ago.

Whoever plays the best Saturday gets to move on. LSU really doesnt have any pressure on them. They have exceeded expectations and can just go out and have fun.

In Atlanta i can see LSU having maybe a little edge crowd wise . Most of the SEC fans are loyal to conference teams just like we are to them. The exception being some Fla. fans .

Geaux Tigers