LSU Tigers, 2003 SEC Baseball Champs!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, May 16, 2003.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Tigers are doing fine. Jean, even playing a bad game they can keep the Hogs close. 5-5 bottom of the 10th. But hell you were worrried when we were up 12 on Tennessee. "Up 12 I sure hope we can hold on for the win." No faith.

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I can't believe we WALKED in the winning run!!!

:cry: :cuss:

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

We are SEC Champs

Of course we are doing fine! We are SEC Champs!

Is there some Speech Code that allows only cheerleader comments on this forum? Can't I say that a play stunk when it stinks?

You guys are sensitive. I'm sorry that I hurt your tender feelings.

:dis:

GEAUX TIGERS!

MERCILESSLY ANNIHILATE ALL WHO OPPOSE US IN OUR IMPERIAL PURPLE TIGER ARMOR.

PS I'm not a fair weather fan, I just hate to lose. Is that a sin?

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Hey, at least we're up 5-0 after 4 innings today.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: We are SEC Champs

It's the half-full vs. half empty analogy. I don't like to lose either but I don't jump all over the team, coaches, etc everytime something goes wrong. I take major exception to your other thread where you state that Smoke got out-coached. The other team wants to win too.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Re: Re: We are SEC Champs

Was Smoke out-coached in the 10th last night? I willing to learn from your answer. I'm no baseball guru.

7. SabanFan

Re: Re: Re: We are SEC Champs

Both coaches had a decision to make. Van Horn's turned out good; Smoke's turned out bad. No one out coached anybody. Arky had runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out. 1st base was open. Smith was pitching well but LSU could not afford to give up a run. The only chance to get out of the inning was either a double play or 2 Ks. The intentional walk was a no-brainer. Who is Smoke's strikeout guy in that situation? Sadler. So, he brings in Sadler. I don't give a shit if Van Horn announced he was pinch hitting A-Rod. Lefty, righty, ambidexterous, it didn't matter. Smoke was going to win or lose with Sadler. Sadly, he walked the guy and game over. Out coached is a vastly overused phrase. All of these guys can coach or they wouldn't be in the SEC.

8. Goodlifetiger

Re: Re: Re: Re: We are SEC Champs

Amen! I do believe if anyother coach lost 8 or 9 players from thier opening day roster they would not have won the SEC. Geaux Smoke! And people do like to use tha phrase "out coached" way to often.

PS Smoke should get coach of the year in the SEC. But because he coaches LSU, where you always win, he will not.

9. SabanFan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: We are SEC Champs

Actually, LSU had not won the SEC since 1997 which makes Smoke's accomplisment even more amazing. He should not only be SEC coach of the year but it should be unanimous.

10. Goodlifetiger

I know this is the 1 st title since 97. I am not sure everyone does because of the post season success.