LSU Tigers and the 2015 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Oct 21, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I know is a little early, but after talking with a NFL guy yesterday, might be time to start looking into who might make it into camps, and who might get drafted.

As of right now, I can see only one Sr player that has a shot of making it into the first round, an could be late first. La'el Collins, has played OG then moved outside to LOT. If some remember, Greg Robinson, was a first rounder, the second player taken, came out of auburn last year. The other night started his first NFL game, but was moved inside to guard. La'el might do the same thing, start out at guard. Some start and never move outside, just never know. Remember, Whitworth was drafted in the second round in 2006, started the second game that season at OG, wasn't till 2009, that he was moved outside to the OT position. He is now listed as one of the top OT in the NFL.

The other Sr's that could have a shot at an NFL camp:

Terrance Magee: Teams look at the #18, an yes it does pull some weight, they know, these guys most times, never have off the field problems.

Ronald Martin: Play safety position well, very athletic, good size and speed.

Logan Stokes: Came to LSU from JC. Plays the position well with good size.

Hoko Fanaika: Started a few games this year, also came in from JC.

Evan Washington: This is one guy that could get a 6th year and would do him some good, along with helping the team, he would have a shot at starting next year. His Dad played 11 years in the NFL.

Jermauria Rasco: Has played well this year.

Elliott Porter: Has played ok this year, still a work in progress.

Travis Dickson: Much like his brother Richard.

D J Welter: Started a number of games over the years, has spent time on Special Teams, the Special Teams could help him into a camp.

With 13 Sr's on this class, not much left to work with. Will take a look at the Jr's that could come out later.

Best of luck to all the Tigers. I know, a little early, but I enjoyed talking with the scout, I'll go into more detail later in the season.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

whens the last time we had no one taken in the first round. looks like it will happen.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2010 i think. Chad Jones and Lafell were taken in the 2nd

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

2003. Chad Jones didn't go till the third round. Like I said, maybe a late 1st for La'el. I will say this, since 2001, LSU has only had 5 OL drafted into the NFL. In the next few years we will have 5 player drafted by the NFL.

Still have a few games to play, but I do like what Grimes is doing with this group, gonna start paying off.
    On thing that sticks out with Grimes:
    "Grimes achieved great success at ASU, with four of his 2001 seniors drafted into the NFL (just the second time that had been done at any school since the NFL adopted the seven-round draft format in 1993)."

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Without divulging any personal info unless you choose to do so, what's your background? Obviously you have been involved with football on probably multiple levels based on your contacts with college and NFL personnel.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I'm just an old guy with a drinking problem, my problem, I keep running out of booze.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Buy more than one case at a time.:D

LSUDad likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

There was some word that he was trying to make a comeback into baseball.