LSU Tigers and the 2015 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Oct 21, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Haven't really looked into who would have a shot to get drafted yet. I've said before, I'd like to see Hawkins stay and move to LOT, he could increase his draft stock.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Isn't Travin a soph?

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, blew out his knee, Red-Shirted, so hes up, like Brockers, could leave after his Soph year.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Six of the OL could be gone off this team next year, yep, with Srs. Collins, Porter, Hoko and Washington, Jr. Alexander and Red-Shirt Soph Hawkins. If Hawk and Alexander were to stay, this would make up a very good line for next year with Pocic. They liked Dodd, but don't know if he's the answer at the center position. KJ Malone, Boutte, Clapp and Brumfield have all done well. The JC transfer is another to keep an eye on Domond. Also Austin is another that has looked good at times.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@LSUDad Hey, I wasn't going to object to your leaving Kenny Hilliard off your list of possible senior draft picks....until you put DJ Welter on it. C'mon, man!

Bengal B likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

First post:
    "Best of luck to all the Tigers. I know, a little early, but I enjoyed talking with the scout, I'll go into more detail later in the season."
    I do remember writing about Hilliard, but it was to a scout I had sent a message to. Hilliard is a lot like a Michael Ford, Special Teams is a way for him to get into a camp also. Much like Ford, James Wright and a Danny McCray. If you can fill two positions, NFL teams like this. Brian Kinchen played TE and was a long snapper. He had retired, got a call ended up playing in his only Super Bowl with NE Pats and winning. FYI, every long snapper in the NFL is white, this was on a study that I posted a few weeks back. I was talking with a friend at a A&M game earlier in the season, his grandson was looking to play college ball, I told him no matter what position he plays, long snapper is one he should look into. Kids want to stay on the field, this is a way. Most LS weigh 250 and are around 6'3" and play in the NFL for around 10 years. The Saints have one, Justin Drescher who is in his 5th year, at 6'1" 235#. So this height and weight is an easy one to maintain.

Once again like I said, later in the season, I get more into detail on all Sr's. (We only have I think 13 this year). An all that have a shot of leaving early.

Oh, while at the A&M game, I got an invite to the tailgate party hosted by the guy that started Jason's Deli, Joe Tortorice. Nice spread of food.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Ok, just got a text, Chad was injured, this is why no stats for this season. He is still in the minors.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hilliard is a guy I think could be a 20-25 carry a game guy in the NFL. He gets better as the game goes on.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There are very few 20-25 carry RBs in the NFL anymore. Almost every team now is running back by committee. A A Walter Payton, or an Emmitt Smith doesn't come along every day and a team will usually spread the carries among 2 or 3 backs.