LSU Tigers and the 2015 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Oct 21, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

demarco murray will be out the league in 2 years by todays standards.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

True, I'm just saying I think given the opportunity Hilliard could be the guy for someone.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If he goes into he NFL healthy, I think he can do the job.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

On Hilliard:
    On a scouts board, he has him as a top 5 RB, but this is just Srs. Not counting Jrs and Sophs. coming out this year. Magee is also listed, but don't know where. Hilliard could be a workhorse in the right system. Tough near the goal line, 3rd down back, Special Teams player, can do many things well. Will get into a camp and show up well. No real off the field problems, this also helps. It also helps to have a Cam and Les in your corner. Coaches get calls on players all the time, you'll here a player say after a draft, "I never did hear from this team, I thought another team was gonna draft me." Teams do their homework, but like I said, they go to the coaches, coaches have to tell the truth, if not, he's lost the trust of the NFL coaches and reps.
    Hilliard lost a few pounds this year and has a very good first step, good field vision, blocks very well.

I was talking with a coach the other day at lunch. There was a former LSU player that Peyton Manning help get drafted into the NFL, 1st round. Joe Addai. Manning was looking at film and said, when Joe was in the backfield, he never let a defender get a clean shot on the LSU QB. When Joe came out of Houston Sharpstown High, he played QB.

red55 likes this.
  5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'm sorry, putting Welter on that list is utterly ridiculous.

Nobody is going to waste their time (like LSU has) as well as taking up valuable space in camp.

P&G_wheelz007 and shane0911 like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I know right! Special teams, more like special Ed. There are lots of people that can cover a return.

gumborue likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I'll see what the scout has to says about JD. I seem to remember an LSU player that many were talking real bad about.
    That player is in his 5th year in the NFL...
    He was signed by the Dallas Cowboys in 2010 as an undrafted free agent, based on the recommendation of special teams coach Joe DeCamillis. As a rookie he had 28 special teams tackles, the third-most in team history since 1988 and the most by any Cowboys player since Jim Schwantz team-record 32 in 1996.

The next year he led the team again in special teams tackles (19), becoming the first Cowboys player to do it consecutively, since Bill Bates did it in 1989-1990. He also emerged as the unit leader, becoming a team captain by his third year.

After two seasons of playing in defensive packages as a hybrid linebacker and safety, in 2012 he got his first career start at strong safety against the Chicago Bears, replacing Barry Church who suffered a season ending achilles injury. Although he started 10 games and finished second on the team in tackles (87).

On March 18, 2014, he signed a one year contract with the Chicago Bears, reuniting with special teams assistant Joe DeCamillis.

8. shane0911

Never any good with riddles.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Like most thing in your life. J/K. Enjoy your weekend Shane...

Danny McCray.

red55 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  10. shane0911

Zing