LSU Tigers and the 2015 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Oct 21, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

M M Mama said, Welter is the Debbil!

[​IMG]

Bengal B likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I could see Welter playing special teams. Danny McCray used to drive me nuts. He would get beat so much when he played safety or nickel db at LSU. But he goes to the Cowboys and is a special teams beast. Danny McCray was on the Hookfin or Karnell Hatcher level at LSU, but props to him for his NFL success. That could be Welter.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hmmm.... Debbil - Devil - Debbil - Debbie - Nick Saban - Satan likes Little Debbies. I'm going to go listen to Stairway to Heaven backwards again to make sure.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

As impressive as Fournette was, as Frank Wilson reviewed the Ole Miss game film, he came away raving about another Tiger, senior offensive tackle La'el Collins, who saw plenty of Ole Miss star D-lineman Robert Nkemdiche.

"La'el had a monstrous game. I've only gotten to play No. 24 and I've already counted six pancake blocks,” said Wilson before rattling off a list of former first-round O-linemen he's been around, who he believes weren't anywhere near as complete as the 6-foot-5, 315-pound Collins.

"If La'el Collins is not a top-five draft pick, I'll kiss my own ass," Wilson said.

Cameron, a long-time NFL coach, was almost as effusive when it comes to Collins.

"He was dominant (Saturday) night," said Cameron. "He's improving at such a rapid rate. He's probably half as good right now as he's gonna ultimately be. La'el has the heart of a lion. He's a warrior. His leadership has been as good as I've been around. There are very few guys who you can legitimately say can be dominant tackles or dominant guards. He can. To have that much versatility, that is uncommon."

With Collins paving the way, the Tigers have amassed 26 run plays of at least 10-plus yards a piece just in the past three games -- not bad for an offense starting six players who are either freshmen or sophomores.

P&G_wheelz007 likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I guess Coach Grimes may know what he's doing after all.

didit, StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Can we fire Smoke again?

StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

That would mean we would have to hire him again.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

McCray really only got beat when they played him out of position on the slot receiver. When he stayed at safety he was very good not OC'S knew Bo's tendencies in certain situations and exploited that.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Maybe so, I don't know, might want to see a little more.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Comparing McCray to Hoofkin was a real smack in the face, right? He was...well...simply awful.

cajdav1 likes this.