LSU to finish 7th or 8th in final polls

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 7, 2011.

1. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I hope you're right. Baker was the one that made the stupid personal foul that called Mathieu's pick 6 back.

2. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

I didn't see it. What did he do to draw the flag?

3. Jester

Jester Founding Member

some are saying he laid a vicious block "deemed" unnecessary........basically, the refs didn't want to let us have another easy TD.

It was a BS call, when a DB catches an INT, the defense is now on Offense. As long as it was not holding or a block in the back, any block, anywhere on the field should be legal while the ball is in play.

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Absolutely! Who knows, the defender may have to reverse field and may need a block that was laid on the other side of the field. All interceptions turn into broken plays during the runback so every inch of the field should be defendable. I understand trying to prevent injury but come on. Rulings like that one are messing up the game. Besides, injury should be prevented by keeping your head on a swivel, not by arbitrary and subjective penalties that slow down the game and take deserved points and yards away from teams. Total BS call. Total BS

P.S. Did ya'll know that celebration penalties will call back a TD starting next year? It's starting to get out of hand.

5. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I think that is only if the celebration begins before the player crosses the goal line. For instance, if he hot dogs his way in, does a flip or dive into the endzone.
    :geaux:

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I am almost sure it applies to anything to do with celebrations in the endzone as well.

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

The game to start the year against Oregon looks to be EPIC at this point. Glad our players have gotten good experience in that stadium last night.