LSU to ruin fourth straight title for SEC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Nov 6, 2009.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Now that I think about it some more, how in the hell is LSU's SOS so low. We could potentially have played and beaten 7 bowl bound teams.

2. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Washington not having a better year is what hurt, even though they beat USC they have been losing.

What hurts.
    - Washington
    - Tulane
    - La-Lafayette

Should improve a ton after alabama. I don't see how strength of schedule really helps LSU unless Iowa and/or Texas losses a game. Iowa's SOS could actually increase depending how far Ohio State moves up.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

this is very much accurate

it's all about style points if Iowa and LSU both win out

if Iowa beats tOSU on some last minute fluke play or silly tOSU turnover and LSU looks great in all of it's games down the stretch, then LSU has a good chance at overtaking Iowa.

The biggest problem is the computer polls. Iowa will be #1 in all of them and LSU could be #3 in some of them (behind Texas).

If you want to start thinking long term, pull for Penn State today to beat Ohio State, to lessen a potential win by Iowa next weekend.

4. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

Iowa will not beat tOSU. I will be at that game pullin for the Bucks..........:tigereye:

5. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I think people are smoking some good stuff... if they think Iowa is going to be bumped if both Alabama and Florida go down. If Iowa goes undefeated they will ranked #1 or #2 and they should easily have a top 10 SOS. All of their numbers would be right there, matter of fact Iowa might even bump Texas for the top spot even if they are ranked #2 behind Texas in the polls.

Iowa's SOS will be way higher then Texas's by the end of the year, it doesn't get any easier for Iowa the rest of the year. Texas's SOS will most probably even drop from here. The only way a 1 loss SEC team gets in there this year is if either Iowa or Texas loses. If either of those teams losses then then the 1 loss SEC team will be in there, if both loss then 1 or 0 loss SEC team will play either Boise or Cinn. most probably.... although if LSU wins out it is possible for a LSU vs. Florida rematch for the third time.... I think that would pretty much seal the end of the BCS championship series though.

Who in the heck would want to see a rematch of the SEC championship game? Not me, that would be super lame.

LSU could jump TCU, Boise and Cinn. but it isn't going to bump Iowa or Texas.... LSU would have to bump Oregon as well if they win.... so to me you basically might have to bump a 0 loss Texas team to get in.

I just don't see how you get there with Texas and Iowa there, there is a lot of football left.

1 person likes this.
  6. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

There is a lot of football left and a lot of things must happen in order for LSU to play in the BCSCG, pretty much like in 03 and 07.