LSU tops in baseball attendance

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Apr 28, 2004.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Are y'all in the dorms? Do you both talk on the board from 5 feet away from each other? That would be funny....

2. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

3. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

Nah, we live in an apartment but yes we do both check the board from about 6 feet away from each other...I was just sick of studyin last night after about 8 straight hours and I turned around and saw him typin a post, so I decided to go find it and mess with him a little...he didn't really show any mercy in his reply though :D ....he gets kinda grumpy sometimes :wink: :wink: :wink: ....

4. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

If you build a 12,000 to 15,000 seat stadium, it will be at LEAST half empty for 90% of the games. The only time it will be full is for regional and super regionals. You build it that big, and you utterly destroy the atmosphere of an LSU baseball game.

1 person likes this.
  5. Soap

Soap Founding Member

That's BS, it would not destroy the atomosphere. I think we need at least a 15,000 seat stadium. The team and program deserves it.

Sure it probably won't always be full during the regular season, but you can count on it being standing room only during the regionals. And that's no different with any team in the country, college or major league.

1 person likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its not bs, its a fact...the stadium already looks deserted enough. Those who claim 12-15k seats obviously dont have season tickets. clue.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A 15,000 seat stadium might not be full for a lot of regular season games but it would be full for the really big SEC series and for regionals an superregionals. IF there was a 15,000 seat stadium and LSU was willing to let a minor league team use it Baton Rouge could get a AA team here and LSU could make enough off of the rental fees to defray a large portion of the cost of building it. If they ever build it they should have some luxury suites. There are enough wealthy Tiger baseball fans and corporations to make luxury boxes a lucrative source of revenue.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I really couldn't see a minor league team sharing a new Box with LSU but I don't know any of the particulars as to where LSU practices and if there would be another practice facility around for a minor league operation to use? Also, seems as though the scheduling could be rather difficult and does LSU want to have people on campus that much that aren't attending LSU events?
    I'm sure that the Administration is working on a new angle for renovating the Box with the new ticket plan being put into place and hopefully they could add about 4 or 5 thousand seats some kind of way. I think 12,000 or so would be a good number.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Tirk when is the last time you went to a game. Actual attendance has been 6500 or so all year long. I know the Box holds a tad over 8000, but at 6500 9t is packed.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

hahaha...