LSU track and field

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUtitan91, Jun 10, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

BS. Shaver will do just fine as our track coach, no way we could have come close to matching aTm's offer. And Henry is the one that left the track team so barren, especially the women. These youngsters will win a couple before they are through.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Re: National Title?

You can't simultaneously be a pro, though. You can go pro in baseball, then quit and come back to play CFB. Jeremy Bloom thought he could be a pro skier and a college football player at the same time, and the NCAA denied him.

3. Fububutsy

Fububutsy Founding Member

Re: National Title?

I don't really know for sure, but didn't Ricky Williams and Cedric Benson play a little pro ball while they were also still eligible for college football, as Jeff Samardja(sp?) is going to do with Notre Dame? I thought the big deal with olympic sports as opposed to sports with professional leagues is that teams pay players in leagues whereas most of the money in olympic sports comes from endorsements, which would violate the NCAA rules.

I think the big deal with Bloom is that he has endorsements and the NCAA said he could still compete professionally, but he would have to do it without endorsements, which is really the only way that they can make enough money to fund their training and travel expenses to make it to competitions. Anyway, that is just my understanding of it, don't really know if it is correct or not.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The Bloom deal was based on endorsement money, not on doing it at the same time.