LSU/UK Game II thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDeek, May 7, 2005.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Stavinoha doubles to open the inning and C. Harris swings at a ball 4 pitch and pops it up. Will Harris lines a grounder right at the pitcher for the second out, and Stav advances to third. Quinn Stewart lines one into the glove of the shortstop for the final out.

Hanagriff needs to shut the **** up about hard hit balls right to people. If the ball was put in the right place, it would have been a hit.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

7-1. Yay.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

What the hell happened today? Lane pitches (somewhat) decently friday, and then Dirks roughed it up a bit today...baseball is such a strange sport.

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Do they have tickets? I'm very concerned about their inconsistent play.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Even the New York Yankees have been playing inconsistently lately.

Let's see how the season plays out. We'll analyze things after that.

We should have won today, that's what we were thinking. But, we've STILL won 4 of the last 5 games!

Let's just win tomorrow. Winning cures everything. If we lose tomorrow, I'll pitch a fit right along side of you.

6. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

I believe that was sarcasm?

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Looking at the SEC and the top 25 it looks like every team in the country but 4 have been pretty inconsistent, and the 4 that haven't been aren't playing in the SEC. I think many fans get so absorbed by their own team they don't really look at what is going on in the whole country.
    Lord knows we aren't a shoe-in for a Super, but very few other teams are shoe-ins as well.

8. Carface

Carface What the...?

So, I went to today's game. I felt incredibly bad for Quinn. He punched the wall after that botch.

Side note: my friend's sister is a photographer for Tiger Weekly and she said that she and the other photographer took pictures which show that the infamous hit was not a home run. Doesn't matter now, but still.

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Agree about Hanni. He is the biggest excuse maker. It was the same way last nite. Bottom line is, it doesnt matter if they are "dinks" or whatever, UK found holes and LSU didnt. Tigers should win tom and take 2 of 3. Tough one for Dirks today.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Kentucky, unfortunately for us, is playing their best ball of the season right now. They took 2 of 3 from the Hogs last weekend. Their pitcher today was outstanding. That's the problem with being a premier program. You get everybody's best shot. Look at the top teams. No one is winning them all. Every team stumbles now and then Tigers are as much in the CWS chase as any team in the country. If, however, your idea of success is to win every time out, then you are bound to be disappointed. It just doesn't happen. Give me a series win this weekend and the next 2 and I'm a happy camper.