LSU UNC Preview

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Jun 22, 2010.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Good. More stuff to hang up in the locker room and more people to upset.:geaux:

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

That is a valid analysis, considering most of us believe the same things are in question.

We will have to see if the Oline and JJ answer the bell.

4. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

1. Yea I could understand that like the dude said we all have questions about this one, however the game changer could be Gonzalas working with him all summer. We shall see.
    2. I think we also have questions here yet again, however they have got to be better than last year right? A year of experience goes a long way.

I wouldn't really put these as reasons for us loosing I would make these the uncertainties in this game. The way I see it if these two look good then we win by several scores. If not well it will be the same story as last year. Finally call it SEC biased but I dont think UNC could look as good as they supposedly do if they played in the SEC.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I don't think #1 is a problem. The problem with him is the coaches handcuffing him. Like the stupid option to the short side! He's obviously not an option QB. Why do they continue to make him run it?

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

The definition of insanity it doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Maybe they see something we don't, other than that, I have no clue.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

UNC doesn't have a semblance of an offense. Its still UNC. If we cant score on there "great defense", then they cant score on ours. We will have one of the best backfields in the nation and their is NFL talent at each level of our D.
    Peterson
    Sheppard
    Nevis, Montgomery

8. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

The real question is why didn't the Oline work last year? Besides JJ's performance? When I go back and look at the games, specifically I see that our inability to block @ TE, and our lack of a true FB was the most glaring. No, our Oline did not meld well last yr but those two positions were the most egregious, imo. If they both are fixed, we should see a marked improvement.

I really miss both Johnsons - Herm and Quinn.

9. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

Please note on the top right hand side that she covered the ACC and Big Ten for five seasons before joining ESPN. That just shows her bias....:cuss:

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If you are a sports journalist trying to make a name for yourself, if you pick LSU in your column and LSU wins, they are in the SEC they are supposed to win. If you pick UNC and UNC wins, hmmmm maybe this chick knows a thing or 2. Plus LSU fans are a rabid fan base, the more people she pisses off the more people read her column, she gets exposure etc etc. In other words, its almost impossible to lose credibility if you pick UNC win or lose.