LSU - UT 59-54 loss

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JayB, Feb 5, 2010.

1. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

man, i tell ya'... i really had to have a drink after this game. these guys just keep coming soooo damn close. that was a tough one that will surely build character for the future... bo FINALLY had the game that he needed to have for LSU to get over the "hump," but tennessee is the 14th ranked team in the nation for a reason. at least you can't call these players "quitters."
    :bball::geauxtige

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I haven't seen a game yet, but I have a feeling this year is like the early Dale Brown years...I wish I had one of those "Wanted" posters he came out with back then. The Hustlers did steal a lot of hearts.

They had nothing to lose...and played with reckless abandon...great fun because the pressure was off. It's not always about the W's.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Trent's gonna have a hell of a program in place in a couple more years.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

This LSU team played their hearts out. The game was on National TV so I'm glad that they did. These guys just aren't going to mail it in....that kind of coaching and that kind of character will make the LSU squad VERY dangerous next season and the season after.

This is the calm before the storm, fellas.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i think ctj is gonna make lsu a top 25 program, but i didnt see anything in the game last night to make me think that. it couldnt have been a much poorer performance. tons of bad shots. thats basically all that happened. pass around til the shot clock is at 5 and shoot a 20 ft contested jumper. the only good shots were off of rebounds. the team cant shoot, penetrate, fast break or post up.

on the other hand, ut got tons of good shots.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Anyone think Brady is feeling a little vindicated right now?

Ok, would you rather a guy like TJ who doesn't believe in getting that 1 and done guy, or a guy like Calapari (minus the fact that he is a cheater) who goes after those players?

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

ctj hands down.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If Coach Johnson had been hired a year earlier, we would have gotten the Monroe kid and this team would be about where it was last year (top 15 making a push at the end of the season).

Yes, one player would have meant that much. You would have 2 impact players on offense (like last year) and good role players in the other 3 slots.

9. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Coach Johnson showed some emotion towards the end of the game when a call did'nt go our way, something you don't see too much from him.
    I am sure he knew this season would be tough but maybe he expected things to be a little better.

10. GoSaints

GoSaints Freshman

islstl - What are you talking about..... Get a clue....