LSU v Mississippi St: Who's on the Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Feb 5, 2011.

1. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Care to tell me why not? It's not like the SEC is a tough conference to win. I haven't followed them that much but if they're any good at all they should help us get back to contention pretty quickly.

2. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I'm not quite sure how you people think getting a new coach will matter. Whether I'm coaching the team, Larry Brown is coaching the team, or TJ is coaching, they are still extremely young by any standard you can measure with. You can look at one side and see that they have ZERO seniors on the team. Take a look at any highly ranked team and you will see at least 2 or 3 seniors that start for the team. Usually they also have juniors on the team. LSU has juniors, their best was out for an extended period of time and is just returning.

Now take a look at the other side and the freshman. The team has 4 of them, and 3 are starting. How can you sit there and bitch about recruiting if his last class is made up of starting players? Not only that, the freshmen he is using are clearly the best players that are on the team. Next year he has the piece he needs coming in to be the superstar forward that we need to go along with what will then be senior Storm Warran and senior Malcolm White(who has been steadily improving this season).

The problems with this team are only problems that can be fixed with time, experience, and determination. They can't be fixed overnight by simply hiring a new coach that will then need to wait on the very same players that TJ is waiting on now.

Lastly, if you want to have fans go to the games, well then go there yourself. If you don't even go to the games, and I say this now because the best teams left on the schedule are coming, than you aren't a fan and you have no right to even criticize the team anyway. Period.

3. FriedBoudinBall

FriedBoudinBall Founding Member

i'm a season ticket holder and have been to all but a few games this year. AND i want a new coach. there is no improvement, no excitement, no defense, no offense, no fans, no hot chocolate, not enough men's restrooms, oh, and no wins either.

regarding attendance, lets face it ... the only way to sell out the PMAC is to get a coach that plays exciting and up-tempo basketball.

4. SyrTiger

Who will be the coach then?

5. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Okay, I tried to start a new thread, but it won't let me for some reason...

LSU has a chance to burst Bama's bubble.

Yes, this Bama team who is just a 1/2 game outside of 1st place in the SEC is on the bubble.

LSU looks good through 5 minutes, up 9-2. Bama missed a thousand shots to start the game. I'd love to see them pull this off.

Edit: Bama responded and has made 4 baskets in a row. 14-10 LSU

6. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Bama started 0-9 and is 9-12 since.

7. Berge

Berge Founding Member

LSU is going to end up losing this game because of free throws.

13-23 from the line. That is 56%. Inexcusable. It's sad because they played okay despite a bunch of turnovers.

Eddie Ludwig is a HUGE liability when he is on the floor. Watching him play, it is mind boggling that he is not a walk-on.

8. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Another game LSU does not score in the final 4 minutes of the game.

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I thought the Tigers played better, but Bama is dialing in the defense. Got to ride that crazy d to the big dance.

Quote of the night: "Bama doesn't necessarily benefit from a win but a loss would be devastating." Say what?

10. SyrTiger

Whoever said that quote is right.

RealTimeRPI.com Alabama Crimson Tide Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet

88 RPI is horrible. SOS is worse. Wins in the SEC don't really help unless you win the rest at home and take 1 on the road(while not flopping in the SEC tournament).

The out of conference for Alabama is terrible. No top 100 RPI wins out of conference, with 3 losses to 100+ RPI teams OOC. Add in Arkansas and that's 4 100+ RPI losses.

There's an extra 3 spots this year, plus the bubble is pretty weak. As of right now you don't have any room for errors. A loss to LSU would have knocked you down to the NIT.

By comparison, Marquette has zero 100+ RPI losses, 3 top 25 RPI wins. Bama has only 2 top 25 RPI wins. Their RPI is 67 and SOS 31. They are probably out right now, but have a chance to get back in with games against the lesser Big East teams.