LSU V. OLE PISSY

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by G. C. TIGER, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Coach Saban said on the radio show the other night that we can run 2 plays in four seconds. I do believe that this is going to be a very exciting game. "Death Valley" is not the biggist myth in college football, but when you play your home games in a high school stadium I guess you feel inadequeate. Yes bigger is better.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

All of the Death Valley nay-sayers like to bring op the last decade, which happens to be the worst slump in LSU history. When you have been playing football for over 100 years then of course there will be a time when you are not great.

But that time is over now.

20 years ffrom now (after a 20 year run of dominance) our opponents will be still be saying "Death Valley is a myth because they lost in the 1990s"

Comparing our current team to the teams of the 90's is like us saying that we are National Champions because we went undefeated in 1958. It just doesn't compare.

for those of you coming to the game, no explanation is necessary. You will see for yourself.

3. Ozarkrebel

Ozarkrebel Freshman

If I were either team I would try and establish the running game

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Re: You will not shut down ELI with that crappy secondary

Rebelholic my freind, this is EXACTLY what I expect to happen. There is no doubt that Eli is a great QB. I expect to leave talking about how good he is despite losing the game.

5. rebelhead

rebelhead Freshman

I sure liked it when....

Ole Miss rolled 500 rushing yds. on the Tiguhs in Red Stick the last time we played. man, that was really intimidating. BRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

6. NutsForLSU

NutsForLSU Freshman

Re: Eli this and Eli that?

14 TDs and 1 Int is less impressive when your list of opponents consists of one good team (Auburn), one mediocre team (Alabama), one bad team (Kentucky) and three horrible teams (Murray St., Arkansas St. and Middle Tennessee St.).

LSU's pass defense numbers, admittedly bad, were compiled against Tennessee, Florida, Utah St. (one of the leading passing teams in the country, having played Oregon, among others), Tulane (another of the leading passing teams), Kentucky (which used Jared Lorenzen, who torched Georgia for over 400 yards passing, for the first time since the season opener) and Mississippi State (which we intercepted 3 times and shut out IN STARKVILLE, where they had never been shut out under Jackie Sherrill).

Our home record, over the past 15 years or the past 80, is MUCH better than our record on the road, which suggests that Tiger Stadium is much more than a myth. Ask any Rebel player or coach whether they'd rather be playing this game in Tiger Stadium, or in Oxford. In any event, YOUR rather poor record in Tiger Stadium may very well get worse Saturday night. In fact, here's a bit of trivia...Ole Miss has won in Tiger Stadium at night a total of twice (1990 and 1999), in ten games since 1968, although you have managed to win two of the last four.

As for the number of plays Rohan Davey can run in four seconds, the answer is probably two, just like Bert Jones. Hopefully, he won't have to, though. In any event, if he does, I doubt your defense can stop him.

Regarding your prediction of a win by 11 for your Rebs, I note that the betting line on this game is LSU by 10 or more. These lines are put out by business men. The business these men are in is allowing themselves to get taken to the cleaners by people like you who CLEARLY know something they don't. Since you are so certain they are wrong, and by such a large margin, why don't you get in touch with one of these men and double your net worth?

Here's hoping you and, more importantly your team, think they'll be playing an LSU team like the ones they played in 1990 (a 5-6 LSU team) and 1999 (a 3-8 LSU team).

LSU is somewhere in the range of a good-to-mediocre team. So far this year, you've played one good team and lost. You've also played one mediocre team and won on a last minute TD in a huge comeback AT HOME against a team who now holds the patent on 4th quarter collapses. You aren't playing Murray State this week, Rebel. You aren't even playing Alabama. And you sure as hell aren't playing at home.

Congrats on your fine start this year. Now GEAUX TO HELL.

7. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

Re: I sure liked it when....

In case you forgot to check the roster Duece is gone!!!!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

By the way Gunn is overrated!!!!:cool: :D :p

8. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

Death Valley is no myth. We will be 91,000+ strong on Saturday, and many of footballs finest athlethes have said playing in Death Valley is the biggest challenge they faced as a collegiate player.

We will see what happens this Saturday when the game is played, may the better team when, which is my way of politly telling all Rebel fans they will lose Saturday.

Geaux Tigers!!!

9. LSU_Tiger_Rob

LSU_Tiger_Rob Freshman

Re: I sure liked it when....

Cling to anything that makes you feel safe.
    20-9

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

1999 is gone. Deuce is gone. And most importantly, Lou Tepper, (the man who made Romaro Miller look like a real SEC QB), thank God, is Gone.

Junior Manning will make some plays, but not enough.

Tigers 42 Rebs 32