LSU v Southern Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Krypto, Mar 9, 2010.

?

Should LSU and Southern play each other in Fooball?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
  1. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

There are plenty of I-A rent a win schools. USL, UML, MTS, etc. No need to do a home and home to stay in I-A.

2. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

The price tag varies on those rent-a-wins. I-AA schools obviously come much cheaper.

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Outside of "keep it local" arguments, which don't hold water for me, I don't see the upside. It's all downside. I understand why LSU has to schedule these schools - like McNeese State, for crying out loud - but it's an opinion poll, and my opinion is:

No thanks.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Sooooooo, I guess there is no changing your mind. :rofl:

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

BS assumption? The only BS assumption is what YOU read into the comment.

Plain and simple...I don't want to play Southern...period. Their band would definitely be more enjoyable than watching their football team.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

-
    I agree LSU shouldn't schedule 3 patsies/year...although 1 or 2 warm-ups is nice to have. We'll see this season how it works out playing WVU and UNC out of conference.
    -
    HOWEVER, although not in a BCS conference, both UAB and USM are in the same conference as Tulane, Memphis, SMU, East Carolina, Tulsa, Houston, etc. Of those I listed, all but MAYBE Tulane and UAB would likely wipe the field with Southern...hell, half of those teams have spent time in the Top 25 in the last couple of years, and some in the top friggin' 10. If you are comparing them to Southern, you are comparing apples to zebras.
    -
    No...LSU should not play Southern. Are they even D-1? Or whatever it's called now?? I would check, but their website hasn't even been updated in over a year.

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Southern is the only Div 1-AA team that I would want LSU to play. Other than that, I don't want us seeing a D-1AA team on the schedule. But I think the experience would be fun to have a game like this. If we're gonna schedule patsies, might as well schedule Southern

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i voted yes only b/c we are playing other crap 1 AA schools so why not them.

however if i had my druthers, we would never play 1-AA schools.

9. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I totally agree. I've said LSU should never, ever play FCS schools. But since LSU is going to play FCS schools and now the switch has been made to keep the $$$$ in state instead of playin App. State, Western Carolina and Northern Illinois, than why not add Southern and Grambling to the list of McNeese, Southeastern, Nicholls, Northwestern? I guarantee Southern and Grambling fans would buy more tickets than those other schools and the bands would be a fun extra.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

You may have to change your comment above (in purple) if our schedule is full of in-state teams.