LSU v Southern Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Krypto, Mar 9, 2010.

?

Should LSU and Southern play each other in Fooball?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
  1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

You said...a band that can play music vs. a band that can dance. Misunderstanding or misrepresentation? Either way, the end. Have a great day.

2. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

As an SU alumnus, I would say NO because unlike the occasional basketball and baseball win against LSU, football is a no-win game for SU.

BUT, at the same time, why not SU? It's a big payday for crosstown school...one that is also an ag school. I understand playing no patsies, but knowing the patsies WILL be scheduled every year, why not SU? Why McNeese or ULL, but not SU?

3. ref7171

ref7171 Freshman

PLAY THEM. BEAT THEM LIKE A RAG DOLL.HEN I CAN STOP HEARING ABOUT HOW SOUTHERN CAN BEAT LSU IN FOOTBALL.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Seriously? Who is saying Southern can beat LSU?

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Really, I have never heard this before. I think I might google it just to see how many times it shows up.:rofl:

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

cant you read, grad? apparently all the hens are saying it. probably just mad cause i keep sacrificing live chickens to the sports gods.:grin:

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Well I googled it and couldn't find where anyone had ever claimed that. Now what?

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

enroll at southern?

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

One game every season would. $4 million coaches do not come cheaply. Football pays for everything including the new baseball stadiums and all the minor sports. The AD has said it flatly before--LSU cannot break even on a 6 home game schedule and must have 7 to have any profit available to expand, repair, pay raises, etc.

It's the reality of playing football at the level that we play. All of those other top-10 money teams have to have the home games, too.

10. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

First, I believe LSU should NEVER play FCS schools. There are enough FBS schools, including BCS conference bottom feeders, that games could and should be found. Hell, I'd rather keep playing Sun Belt teams or Tech rather than FCS schools. Second, since LSU is going to play FCS schools, I would rather keep that money in the state of Louisiana and give it to those schools rather than App State, Wofford, W. Carolina or W. Illinois. I'll give LSU some credit though for the 2010 season. The Tigers have State, W. Virginia, Tenn., Bama, Ole Miss - which is really good, so I'll take McNeese and ULM in exchage for those five quality games.