LSU v W. Illinios Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KTeamLSU, Mar 12, 2005.

1. clair

clair Rockets

They something like 4 and 12 or so too! so that is another one!

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Blooper, Liuzza gets... throws out runner at first final LSU 10 W. Ill 8

Faircloth gets the save

3. clair

clair Rockets

Ok good win! even better news wit hthe Weenies losing 2 in a row!

4. clair

clair Rockets

KTeamLSU

Thanks for the updates btw! even though you hate me! haha

:geauxtige

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I just think u should stick to commenting on football and basketball... and not pre conference baseball.

6. clair

clair Rockets

I'll be the 1st to admit I dont know much about baseball, but it was my opinion that we should be more than 2 runs better than W Ill... I didnt know that we were intentionally playing some weaker, younger guys though, and that was my mistake.

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Baseball isn't like football or basketball, the worst team in the country can still just be on at the plate, and a pitcher can have some tosses that batters can't seem to get on. LSU will be fine, although Ill be the first the say I was a little upset losing to Centenary, and not being able to score our 13 base runners against Tulame... Cahill (who started) and Dardar (who was in for an inning of relief) are not great pitchers right now, they have control issues and a couple wild pitches cost us 2 runs early on. Had we pitched Dirks, English and Determan in relief, this game would not have been in question, IMO. Tommorow LSU starts Smith and will have Meier, Detes, English available for relief, Good move IMO by Smoke.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

And remember the most telling stat in baseball is the 11.7 scholarships that every team in the nation is allowed. The larger programs dole out those scholarships like they are gold, never giving much more than .5 to anyone player because they have to have a lot of quality depth. Many of these smaller schools will give a full ride to some of the better, needier players and have mostly walk ons in the program. College baseball is the most balanced of all sports programs in America. Parity rules in many cases for a single game. Depth is where the difference is.