LSU @ Vandy Double Header

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Apr 30, 2005.

1. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I tell you what, after what I have seen so far this year, and knowing Determann is gone after this year, I am scared for our relief. These guys need to get their stuff together in a short amount of time.

2. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

1-0

Geaux Tigahs!

3. JVincent25

2-0

Patterson with the RBI double!

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Wow... how in THE hell can LSU jump on this game so quick!? That goes to show that our batters are extremely slow... Charlie lied, he said he was going to move the mics so we didnt have to hear the annoying drum!

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I agree with you 110% I do think these pitchers will get better. However, I always see a trend with LSU pitchers where they do good their freshman year and then are MIA until about their senior years. Of course guys like Determan, Mestepey, Dirks, and Smith (to a certain degree) are pretty consistent. But it seems like everyone else has a decent year, then get hurt or get into a funk or something. I can careless about whether Smoke stays or not, but we DO need a better pitching coach. These guys shouldn't need a whole year to develop and STILL not be where they should be. Of course our offense is pretty nasty too, and Turtle is a good coach (i guess) and a damn good recruiter, so who knows?

6. JVincent25

Tigers are now up 3-0 after the top of the first. Dirks time.

7. JVincent25

Dirks makes a dumb mistake and throws the ball into the outfield, and then allows two runs. Does it count as an unearned run even though the pitcher makes an error? Ha.

4-2

8. JVincent25

LSU wins 9-3. Big game for us tomorrow. Greg Smith will be on the mound. Sweet.

9. u r tigerbait22

u r tigerbait22 Founding Member

i agree w/ determann dirks and smith....but MESTEPEY???...he's been horrible lately...

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Well, I understand your POV, but I'm talkin over the course of a year or more. Mestey has been our go-to-guy for years. He is a guy that I would trust with my life (in baseball terms, of course.) The guy has talent, and wants to win; He WILL come back to form, believe me. Feel free to bring this up if he doesn't, and I will be MORE than happy to eat my words... :geauxtige