LSU-Vandy Game three

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TennesseeTiger, May 16, 2004.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Can Smoke coach a team to a sweep in the SEC?

2. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

I guess the players have nothing to do with it.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Baseball is a funny game. It is difficult to sweep a team for three wins in a row.

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I didn't say they didn't. But, if the coaching didn't matter, we wouldn't need them, now would we?

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They lost 8-0. I guess Smoke should have coached them to pitch better and to get more hits and runs

:usaflagwa :911: :usaflagwa

6. Jean Lafitte

Be careful.

We can't let ourselves get into a silly game of blaming the Smoke if we win and the players if we lose.

Conversely, we can't blame Smoke if we lose and the players if we win.

Smoke will be evaluated like every other HC at LSU was and is.

Smoke's job is safe for at least another two seasons after this one. Those who think that he'll be replaced if we have a disappointing season are not thinking things through and being fair.

As of right now, we are having a very successful season. Sure, I wanted to see us be undefeated at this point in the season, but that's not a reasonable expectation.

Let's stop bickering over the issue of Smoke. It doesn't help us become better fans, it doesn't help the team and it doesn't help this great message board.

Congrats on winning another SEC series, Tigers!

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Tigers are within one game of lead in the conference. Not too shabby. They've won all but one series this year and I can't emphasize enough how tough that is to do in the SEC. If this team played in just about any other conference they would end the regular season with 50 wins.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree there is plenty of blame to go around for the inconsistant play. At times Smoke seems to have had a hard time getting the team ready to play and making bad calls. At other times normally great pitchers either get drilled or can't find the plate. Then sometimes the team couldn't catch both cheeks of their rear with both hands and a head start, errors errors errors. There is plenty of talent but for some reason or another they just can't seem to find what it takes to be a dominant team. They are still a very good team, just not what many LSU fans have come to expect from the #1 program in the nation. Who knows maybe it will all come together in time to make a run when it counts. The book is definitely not closed on this team or this season yet, there is still both hope and time. :geaux: :lsug: :tigbas:

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I agree with you but they would have lost today no matter how well they played. When a good pitcher is on his game it's bad news for the opponent.

10. Jean Lafitte

Correct.

An ace pitcher who is having a good game is very tough to beat at any level of competitive baseball.